PDA

View Full Version : Opera web browser - Wow

Condoulo
April 24th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I downloaded and installed the newest version of Ubuntu, and wow, it was unbelievable. The new Speed-Dial feature is innovative, the speed is just... phenominal, only thing I wish it had that Firefox has is a inline spell-checker. And I wish the Content blocker would come with a pre-set list of ad services to block kinda like the Adblock Plus extension for Firefox does. But other than a few things missing from Opera that Firefox has, I find Opera to be an amazing work of art.

igknighted
April 24th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I downloaded and installed the newest version of Ubuntu, and wow, it was unbelievable. The new Speed-Dial feature is innovative, the speed is just... phenominal, only thing I wish it had that Firefox has is a inline spell-checker. And I wish the Content blocker would come with a pre-set list of ad services to block kinda like the Adblock Plus extension for Firefox does. But other than a few things missing from Opera that Firefox has, I find Opera to be an amazing work of art.

There is a spellchecker... just select the dictionary you want to use and turn it on in the options I believe.

Happy_Man
April 24th, 2007, 02:38 AM

Incidentally, everyone, I believe he means Opera in the first line, not Ubuntu. But the sentence could apply to both.

zubrug
April 24th, 2007, 02:41 AM
http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/

This will make you like opera even more, lot's of usefull how too's.
Opera rock's

ixus_123
April 24th, 2007, 03:03 AM
If you think Opera is fast, Kazehkase will blow you away

http://kazehakase.sourceforge.jp/

indigoshift
April 24th, 2007, 04:37 AM
The Speed Dial is indeed a cool little feature. I remember when I upgraded and looked at it and thought, "What on earth am I going to use this for?"

Now I can't imagine browsing without it. :)

GandG
April 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Actually, you may be unaware there are ready-built Opera "blocklists" available (Url filters). This site, for example, provides:-

http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/

Choose format "Opera Url Filter", view in Plain Text , Copy, then create / input into the Urlfilter.ini file in ~.Opera .

Works well.

karellen
April 24th, 2007, 12:49 PM
yes, opera is pretty cool :)
I use it a lot in linux (besides firefox)

Sunflower1970
April 24th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I'm torn on Opera. Love speedial, love how zippy it is on my older system, but I do find I miss the google toolbar that FF has, plus every once in a while Opera crashes on certain sites (for some reason it crashed on the amarok site...and I have no idea why...)