PDA

View Full Version : Powered by stickers instead of the large ones

Arlanthir
April 23rd, 2007, 03:03 PM
I'm not really sure this is the area to post this, but I just had to make the suggestion.
I ask of the admins to please move this to the right section or tell me a better way of giving this suggestion.
Last time I shipit'ed (ahah nice word) Ubuntu CD's, they came with a sheet of 4 ubuntu stickers. These were white and large and etc, I'm sure you know them.
What I'm suggesting is making official 'powered by Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu/Edubuntu' (or designed for, Ubuntu ready etc) stickers that go with the free CD's instead of the large white ones. It seems to have some demand, and I think they would be more used than the white ones, and possibly attract more people's attention, when not seeing the windows XX ready sign on our laptops/monitors/towers :P

They don't need to be all gray and windows-like, here's a nice example by peterm: Colorful powered by linux stickers (http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=56776)

Echo35
April 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
You can get said stickers for free from System 76. I like sticking them on computers I convert to Linux instead of that Ugly "Made for Windows XP" sticker.

dca
April 23rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
LOL! I do the same thing. Whether it's (wanna-be Servers) PCs I deploy at work for file serving or PCs built for the family I do the same thing... The 'shipit' CDs used to come w/ a bunch of stickers, too...

PartisanEntity
April 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
They don't need to be all gray and windows-like, here's a nice example by peterm: Colorful powered by linux stickers (http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=56776)

wow very nice stickers!

diskotek
April 23rd, 2007, 04:53 PM
really amazing.. but i would like to something with only linux..i2m not so stable about distros :) and may be i will try something for ubuntustudio (april is passing by...)

earobinson
April 23rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
both stickers are nice. I use the big ones for the lid of my laptop and the little ones in place of the windows logo thanks system76

Arlanthir
April 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, you can always get stickers from system76, except if you live in Portugal (for example...) =X

(Yes I do, no I can't.)

earobinson
April 26th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Well if you send me an email when I get mine I would be happy to send you one if you paypal me the shipping (Canada) Unless you can find some one closer!

Brunellus
April 26th, 2007, 05:31 PM
when I first read the title, I thought that this was going to be a thread about things that were powered by stickers--a far far more impressive achievement than that lame "web 2.0 'OS'" thing.

Arlanthir
April 26th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Well if you send me an email when I get mine I would be happy to send you one if you paypal me the shipping (Canada) Unless you can find some one closer!

I thank you, but I got one from a friend of mine that ordered some on ebay =/
It's just an idea, I know I would prefer the change ;)

@ Brunellus: Sorry for the bad wording then xD Creating energy with stickers would be strange.

Jenda
April 29th, 2007, 09:10 AM
If anyone is interested in case badges/stickers and for some reason can't get them from System76... I'm having a few thousand printed ;) I'll send 10 of them anywhere for $3... or you can also get them from your LoCo team. These teams have ordered large packs so far:
France
Germany
Finland
Ohio

Arlanthir
April 29th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I think the problem here is not whether you can have them or not, it's not having to search for them when it makes a whole more sense (for me, at least) Ubuntu being shipped with this kind of stickers =P It was a critique/suggestion, and not a request for them. =)

earobinson
April 30th, 2007, 12:20 AM
It would be nice your right, my stickers still havent come, Jenda I assume this will be via pay pal? google checkout?

Jenda
April 30th, 2007, 11:04 AM
earobinson, paypal.

earobinson
April 30th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Im sure i will be sending u a msg if I dont get mine in the mail in a few days.

granite230
April 30th, 2007, 03:37 PM
The only thing I don't like about this picture is that little sign in the upper-right corner...

http://system76.com/images/freeStuff/powered_by_ubuntu2.jpg

Time to get rid of that too!

Arlanthir
April 30th, 2007, 04:12 PM
LOL! Are you making an ubuntu-symbol sticker to cover that up? Or a label that spells 'Super L'? xD

Jenda
May 1st, 2007, 09:56 AM
I actually have little ubuntu stickers to cover that Windows sign, made by MenZa.

I don't think they work very well for that purpose though - it's a keyboard, you touch it, you use it... you rub them off. I use them to mark all envelopes and poster tubes sent to Ubuntu people out there :) (I've already sent about 200 :))