PDA

View Full Version : small bug in post counting?

mattheweast
June 15th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Hi there. I just noticed that my post count is wrong, and I thought maybe this was a bug that might affect a few people. If not, np.

Compare the number of posts by my name with the page that shows up when clicking on my name and searching for other posts by me.
M

jdong
June 15th, 2005, 11:36 PM
If you were a part of a deleted thread or a copied thread, that could throw off the count.

mattheweast
June 16th, 2005, 12:29 AM
no I don't think so, but I may be wrong. It does not matter for me, I was just thinking maybe if it were a bug it would be useful for you guys to know about it.

TravisNewman
June 19th, 2005, 12:05 AM
wow, no, there are 17 posts that you appear to have made, but it only shows up as 10. I suppose if it were a problem with a deleted thread you would have higher post count than posts instead of the other way around. Quite odd.

gil-galad
June 23rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
My cost count is having problems too. I don't really care, but it has been going up and down around 175 for awhile now, and I can't seem to get above 180. I guess all my trolls are getting deleted :)

kassetra
June 23rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
Also, please note that any posts made to this forum area are not counted in your post totals.

mattheweast
July 12th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Also, please note that any posts made to this forum area are not counted in your post totals.

I suppose that might be the reason. This is my 27th post and my count is currently 14... If this is true I guess that I should be visiting other forums more often ;)