PDA

View Full Version : The Feisty Fawn left outs.

Charkel
April 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM
Dunno if this is the correct forum but i tried to look for general discussions about the OS but couldn't find it..

I recently upgraded to v7.04 and experienced that some of the themes disappeared and that my favorite wallpaper had disappeared in the wallpapers list. Dawn Of Ubuntu.

May I ask why? :P

sloggerkhan
April 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Dawn of Ubuntu was the nicest wallpaper to ship w/ Ubuntu.

gorkur
April 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
What? No Dawn Of Ubuntu? :cry:

the_darkside_986
April 22nd, 2007, 10:03 PM
I noticed a lack of good themes, but I guess they were trying to make room for more applications to be installed. But still though, there should be an out-of-the-box option of a non-ugly background. I had to immediately google for a tolerable background image besides the two gross looking ones.

troymcdavis
April 23rd, 2007, 04:34 AM
Dawn and Spring of Ubuntu:

http://www.active-4.com/creative.html

Sorry it got pulled, but with the 700MB magic number, a lot of tough decisions must be made. Think of all the space that had to be made for Compiz, the migration manager, codec manager, restricted driver manager, and new network manager. It's a wonder they still manage to squeeze a wallpaper in there.

FuturePilot
April 23rd, 2007, 05:12 AM
One of the other things that got pulled because of the size limit was the icon themes in Open Office. You'll notice that the only one that works is the Human theme. But the good news is that the other ones are in the repos:)

ceil420
April 23rd, 2007, 06:39 AM
Anyone know how to get my favourite Xubuntu splash screen back? I love that little mouse runnin' in the Xubuntu "wheel" :(

OrangeCrate
April 23rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Hmm...

I upgraded from Edgy to Feisty, and still have Dawn of Ubuntu, plus the custom wallpapers I created in Edgy and Dapper.

All transfered fine (no home partition).

Gargamella
April 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
yeah there were only 4 wallpapers if I remember right, and they left out our favourites ;(

Jay_Dogg
April 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
The Dawn of Ubuntu is in Feisty's repositories. Just search for "wallpaper" in synaptic.

karellen
April 23rd, 2007, 04:47 PM
does that really matters? I have thousands of photos to choose from if I want a nice desktop background and for icons and themes there is gnome-look.org. so what's all the fuss about? it's just one 700 mb cd, you know...;)

Ozor Mox
April 23rd, 2007, 04:56 PM
How can the developers keep updating Ubuntu and keep it on one CD? Aren't they going to have to keep removing more and more old things? Will they ever consider putting it on two CDs, or allowing an optional second CD?

zippytex
May 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
The Dawn of Ubuntu is in Feisty's repositories. Just search for "wallpaper" in synaptic.

Thanks very much! It is not under just edgy, but under edgy community wallpapers. If I can make it work, anyone can. Thanks.