PDA

View Full Version : If this was a Windows forum...

Happy_Man
April 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM
If somebody had posted for Ubuntu help on a Windows forum, what would you say? (Assume that you hate everything but Windows. ;))

samjh
April 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM
Would point out that the question was in a wrong forum, but would otherwise help if an answer was available.

I found Windows communities to be more civilised in discussing other OSs than Linux forums. There are some zealots in all communities, of course.

forrestcupp
April 21st, 2007, 02:44 PM
I used to post over at www.tech-forums.net/pc

That was when I was using Windows. They have lots of different sections for different OS's and other things. I posted in the Windows section, and a few times people came asking Linux-related questions. I just asked them why they were asking in the Windows section when the same forum also had a section for Linux.

omns
April 21st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Go in peace ):P

sonny
April 21st, 2007, 03:38 PM
If I were posting in a Windows forum about linux related content I'd probably get: What IE dll is that you talk of that cause your machine to crash?

mexlinux
April 21st, 2007, 06:01 PM
I will get: REBOOT

M$LOL
April 21st, 2007, 06:01 PM
I found Windows communities to be more civilised in discussing other OSs than Linux forums. There are some zealots in all communities, of course.

I don't. http://www.linuxsucks.org :lol:

Actually, I've found people on Linux forums to be more mature than some on other forums who use Windows.

rolando2424
April 21st, 2007, 06:54 PM
I don't know... I've never tried that.

Maybe I would get a FORMAT C: comment...

DoctorMO
April 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM

Windows doesn't have a community that's involved in the development of the product it's self so it's not as involved. all you have a is a group of Microsoft customers (like an alcoholics anonymous) looking for usage problems.

People care for Linux and Open source a great deal because it's a part of them, not just a product for a product of them.

rai4shu2
April 21st, 2007, 07:07 PM
If this were a Windows forum, we'd be in the middle of huge Vista vs XP flamewars.

EdThaSlayer
April 21st, 2007, 07:26 PM
I would call them nerds. :mad:
The basic Linux stereotype is that they are all hackers.

tbroderick
April 21st, 2007, 07:36 PM
all you have a is a group of Microsoft customers (like an alcoholics anonymous) looking for usage problems.

Please don't compare using Windows to alcoholism. Alcoholism is a serious disease which many people suffer from, including people in my family. Most people here have "usage" problems. It's not like most users here are involved in the development process either. They are just end users too.

M$LOL
April 21st, 2007, 07:44 PM
*shivers*