PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS?

Taigrr
April 20th, 2007, 11:22 AM
So, my Fiance and I bought two, shiney new DSLite's (We're big nerds!), and are wondering for people to play with on Wifi!

So, anyone in the beloved Ubuntu community? Can play any game, any time, really. If anyone's interested, i'll be happy to post friend codes! =D

April 29th, 2007, 11:16 PM
My wife is always willing to play someone at Tetris...

Mochino
September 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM
i'm gonna get one later this week, once i get tetris i will be sure to play against you guys!

nonewmsgs
September 4th, 2007, 12:15 AM
can visualboyadvance handle that? i much prefer my airflow gamepad.

init1
September 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM
can visualboyadvance handle that? i much prefer my airflow gamepad.
No, it can't.

ryno519
September 4th, 2007, 12:47 AM
I'd be down for a game of Mario Kart. :)

Billy_McBong
September 4th, 2007, 12:54 AM
i got mario cart DS if anyone wants to play
i used to be good but i haven't played in a while so i might suck

Depressed Man
September 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM
I have Mario Kart at home. The only game I have at college with me is Rune Factory.

Flare183
October 7th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I would kill all of you people!

aaaantoine
October 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Can't. My wireless network is WPA based. DS only plays on WEP networks.

Unless, you get their proprietary WiFi USB unit. If I were to guess, it isn't supported by the Linux kernel.

Polygon
October 8th, 2008, 03:38 AM
in my opinion almost all of the ds online games are bad in one way or another

mario kart ds: lawlawlwal snaking which means no matter how good you are, if you dont snake, you WILL LOSE EVERY TIME by a huge margin.

metroid prime: i actually liked this game, but the ds's horrible 3d capability really shines here, i had to like squint to see if that horribly aliased blob was an enemy or some random level thing. Also, this game physically hurt my hands after more then an hour playing it because of the control scheme.

tetris ds: who can be the fastest to make a perfect block except for a slot for a 4x1?

sorry to rant =)

Jim!
October 8th, 2008, 03:43 AM
My DSLite broke recently :( So now I'm going to open it and 'mess' with the hardware :D

zmjjmz
October 8th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I have golden eye on my big ole' clunky DS, but I don't think it can connect to teh interwebz.

worx101
October 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I wants a DS so bad :(

Wife say we poor tho so I cannot have :(