PDA

View Full Version : I envy you, Feisty users!!! ;)

PryGuy
April 20th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hello all!

I can't download Feisty so far 'cause I pay for traffic. :( Please tell us all how's that? Is Feisty really cool?

Thank you!

Zdravko
April 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I feel sorry for you. Feisty is amazing!
BTW, you can order a CD from shipit.

Somenoob
April 20th, 2007, 11:41 AM
It's great, Feisty can magically make coffee.

granite230
April 20th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Hello all!

I can't download Feisty so far 'cause I pay for traffic. :( Please tell us all how's that? Is Feisty really cool?

Thank you!

I installed Feisty yesterday and it's a pleasure to work with! It's getting easier and easier to use Ubuntu every time and I even got some nice desktop effects using an unsupported videocard. The volume on my laptop is really low and I'm still looking for a fix on that. Some things still need some tweeking but this is the first release that really made me forget how 'hard to use' Linux sometimes can be for a 'beginner'.

steven8
April 20th, 2007, 11:50 AM
It's great, Feisty can magically make coffee.

The alternate CD will do decaf, and I hear Gutsy will do espresso!

xyz
April 20th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hello all!

Thank you!
Just out of curiosity...how long would it take you to download approx. 700MB and how much would it cost you where you live?

karellen
April 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Hello all!

Thank you!

come on...:). edgy is great too ;)
I've downloaded feisty yesterday and today I tried to upgrade from edgy to feisty via update manager but somewhere near the finish my connection died out or whatever else happened so the upgrade was aborted (I suspect the local ubuntu servers are on heavy usage, that's why). so I'm patient and I'll probabiy install feisty from de cd when I'll be in the mood
so no need to hurry if you have a working, stable system :)

beniwtv
April 20th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Feisty is THE killer-OS!!

Le'ts rock and have a party!

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Also, did you consider have the CD's shipped to you?

For example, with shipit: http://shipit.ubuntu.com

You can also buy CD's for a very low price at online stores, which will bring them to you more quickly.

PryGuy
April 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I feel sorry for you. Feisty is amazing!
BTW, you can order a CD from shipit.

I've ordered it already. But I'll have to wait for about a month, you know how it is...

beercz
April 20th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Hello all!

Thank you!

Hi PryGuy

If you live in the UK pm me and I will post you a feisty CD - I have downloaded an ISO and have plenty of CDs

sunexplodes
April 20th, 2007, 12:36 PM
So far I'm liking it.

a) The LiveCD installed the whole OS in 20 friggin' minutes. Which is unbelievable.

b) Wireless was easier to get working than in Dapper or Edgy

c) The new features in GNOME are small but useful.

No complaints at all.

Hallvor
April 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I installed Feisty yesterday and it's a pleasure to work with! It's getting easier and easier to use Ubuntu every time and I even got some nice desktop effects using an unsupported videocard. The volume on my laptop is really low and I'm still looking for a fix on that.

Try opening a terminal and type

alsamixer

plb
April 20th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Can you get a friend to download it for you? Even order it from an online store...you will probably get it quicker.

granite230
April 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Try opening a terminal and type

Thanks, but that won't work either because the master volume slider is stuck at 0, It's not responding to the arrow up key. :(

Compucore
April 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I've already ordered fiesty from them just waiting to hear if they will ship it soon. I checked this morning for it. And it is still pending on their side. I hope that feistywill be good.I did not use effy eff over here. Since I have been using dapper drake since it's release and like it a lot over here. Is there a drastic change between dapper drake and feisty? or did they settle with minor bugs and fixes for them?

Compucore

PryGuy
April 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Can you get a friend to download it for you? Even order it from an online store...you will probably get it quicker.Well, my friend in Moscow downloaded it for me, will see him next Monday.

Happy_Man
April 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, 'tis brilliant!

I installed from the last beta daily that had _no_ server load at all whatsoever, so I got massively good connection rates, and only had 2 updates to get to final! Score one for alternative thinking!

macogw
April 20th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I've already ordered fiesty from them just waiting to hear if they will ship it soon. I checked this morning for it. And it is still pending on their side. I hope that feistywill be good.I did not use effy eff over here. Since I have been using dapper drake since it's release and like it a lot over here. Is there a drastic change between dapper drake and feisty? or did they settle with minor bugs and fixes for them?

Compucore
Big difference. Feisty requires a lot less configuration to get going. Wireless works automagically, 3d desktop is automagic (and a total PITA on Dapper)...it's great

Bezmotivnik
April 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Is Feisty really cool?
A non-starter for me.

Like 6.10, its wireless works worse on any of my machines and various wireless devices than 6.06 (and WHY is that?).

Desktop doesn't fit into the monitor. That's a first.

Looks like I'm sticking with 6.06 still, and on only one of my machines.

gashcr
April 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I upgraded yesterday... If someone tells you "You're not missing anything"--- ********!! If you are stable, itīs OK, but I can greatly recommend it

Dyegov
April 20th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Take the word of someone who has finally dropped completely Windows, after many tries. Feisty is as easy as it can be. I have already installed java, flash, mp3, dvd, video card, and all of those things without even touching the command line. Just some clicks and my internet connection and everything has been done.

I had bot made the whole change to Linux because I hated how difficult it was, but Feisty gave my exactly what I wanted, and I won't be changing it for anything!!!!