PDA

View Full Version : Seeding Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn on Bittorrent

Ek0nomik
April 19th, 2007, 10:06 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/muznic/feisty.png

Gosh I love the University sometimes. Rising tuition, but great bandwidth. :)

In 5 hours time, I'll take 56GB uploaded any day.

karellen
April 19th, 2007, 10:19 PM
I keep my ktorrent open as I currently seed feisty with 20 kb/s...:)

Ek0nomik
April 19th, 2007, 10:39 PM
I keep my ktorrent open as I currently seed feisty with 20 kb/s...:)

Even the small amounts matter. :)

RandomJoe
April 19th, 2007, 11:04 PM
I'm torn sometimes -- I could seed ONE of the isos with a decent rate (my uplink is 512kb) or split it up among all the versions I got (three in today's case). Ah well - all three have been seeding all afternoon at around 20kB/s, it appears.

Now to blitz some computers and start installing! :)

Ek0nomik
April 20th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I'm torn sometimes -- I could seed ONE of the isos with a decent rate (my uplink is 512kb) or split it up among all the versions I got (three in today's case). Ah well - all three have been seeding all afternoon at around 20kB/s, it appears.

Now to blitz some computers and start installing! :)

I wish more people would use bittorrent rather than hammering their servers.

eyelessfade
April 20th, 2007, 12:57 AM
torrent don't work with dist-upgrade, yet anyway. But yes its much nicer and today I think its much faster with bittorrent also. On good seeded torrents I can download with 7-10MB/s much better then most prime servers :)

AusIV4
April 20th, 2007, 01:38 AM
torrent don't work with dist-upgrade, yet anyway. But yes its much nicer and today I think its much faster with bittorrent also. On good seeded torrents I can download with 7-10MB/s much better then most prime servers :)

It would be awesome if the dist-upgrade system used some kind of torrent system, at least during these loads. I've been downloading all day, and right now I'm at 57% getting 0 kb/s.

dimeotane
April 20th, 2007, 01:52 AM
I've downloaded the ISO from a mirror server last night... now that I have the file can I use it to help seed ?

It would be silly to go and download the ISO again... but that's the only way that I've uploaded a torrent before was because I'd finished downloading on bittorrent.

eyelessfade
April 20th, 2007, 01:58 AM
yes just download the torrent file and tell your client to download to your existing iso file. It should check if it matches and just start seeding.

Polygon
April 20th, 2007, 03:01 AM
torrent is one of the most amazing technologies out there. Right now there are over 3000 seeder and 1500 leechers. Thats two seeders per leecher. And when the initial rush dies down, there is still like 500 seeders and about 30 leechers at any given time... thats amazing. every ubuntu release i download via torrent i always max out my dl speed (900kbps)

madmetal
April 20th, 2007, 03:41 AM
seed seed seed! i am seeding both desktop and server..
only 50Kb/sec i can offer but this is the best i can give...
support the community and ubuntu and seed...