PDA

View Full Version : feisty

tchoklat
April 19th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Where is Feisty? I have been waiting since midnight. It is 12:21pm in Australia and no Feisty!

tchoklat

taurus
April 19th, 2007, 03:25 AM
It's only 0300 UT and as far as I know there are 24 hours in a day.

FoolsGold
April 19th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Where is Feisty? I have been waiting since midnight. It is 12:21pm in Australia and no Feisty!

tchoklat

Dude, I'm in Australia too - you should already know about time zones work. :confused:

tchoklat
April 19th, 2007, 03:30 AM
that's cool, no mention was made of the actual UTC of the release. When do you expect it to be available on the Ubuntu.com/download site?

tony

tchoklat
April 19th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Yes I do know how time zones work, but apparently the Ubuntu guys do not. If a product is advertised to be available on the 19th, they must realise that there are lots of time zones and it should have been explicit, such as 0800 AEST, or midnight GMT etc. This is a big world and everyone doesn't live in the UK or the US - I know that we live in God's Own but that is an aside!

tony

enthusaroo
April 19th, 2007, 03:41 AM

tchoklat

It's 10:45am on the 19th where I am right now. :)

I'm waiting to download Feisty too! Where is it? :) :popcorn:

justinlb
April 19th, 2007, 03:48 AM
Yeah I stayed up til midnight in the hope that it would be released and I could leave it downloading over night but sadly, nothing....

FoolsGold
April 19th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Yes I do know how time zones work, but apparently the Ubuntu guys do not. If a product is advertised to be available on the 19th, they must realise that there are lots of time zones and it should have been explicit, such as 0800 AEST, or midnight GMT etc. This is a big world and everyone doesn't live in the UK or the US - I know that we live in God's Own but that is an aside!

tony

Yes, but whenever I hear about a product being released on day X, I'll always be checking up on it when day X+1 comes around, because things are never, EVER released solely in Australia. It's generally US or "overseas" time, hence the delay. It's easier to think that way, at least for me.

Drakkor
April 19th, 2007, 03:53 AM
Didn't you see the release date ?? It's tomorrow ,lol !!!! :popcorn:

userundefine
April 19th, 2007, 04:03 AM
I'm waiting a few weeks to upgrade anyway... it's going to be painfully slow to upgrade for at least a week.

Drakkor
April 19th, 2007, 04:27 AM
For me it'll be a clean install, that way nothing from edgy to contend with, I always back up in case of problems , and a clean install to me is #1,lol :) :) :) :) :) :)

FoolsGold
April 19th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Even though I'm running 7.04 beta, I'll still download the iso and do a clean install. Not only because I have some crud I need to clear out, but it's good practice to make sure I know exactly what to do or how the installer's changed since released.

Drakkor
April 19th, 2007, 05:27 AM
you people in China, is it the 19th there yet ???? Are you downloading Fiesty ???
I can't wait !!!!,lol :) :) :)

tchoklat
April 19th, 2007, 06:21 AM
it is like free beer .. "Free beer tomorrow!"

Polygon
April 19th, 2007, 06:50 AM
I'm waiting a few weeks to upgrade anyway... it's going to be painfully slow to upgrade for at least a week.

here here. last time i tried to upgrade to edgy the day it came out.... got like 1kbps download speeds... it was quite horrible.

Sunnz
April 19th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Do you really have to download?? Or will dist-upgrade suffice?

Oh yes I really have to download even if I use dist-upgrade, but I don't have to download the ISO and burn it and everything right?

Bezmotivnik
April 19th, 2007, 07:15 AM
here here.

Where, where?

last time i tried to upgrade to edgy the day it came out.... got like 1kbps download speeds... it was quite horrible.
One word: Torrent.

PryGuy
April 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
ubuntu.com server is down. Hope it's because they change the info. Or it's because it's overloaded with visitors... Like me... :)

EDIT: Noway... "Release is tomorrow"... :(

Sunnz
April 19th, 2007, 08:23 AM
ubuntu.com server is down. Hope it's because they change the info. Or it's because it's overloaded with visitors... Like me... :)

EDIT: Noway... "Release is tomorrow"... :(
Xubuntu is still up!!!

I hope other buntu gets upgraded at the same time too!!

mac.ryan
April 19th, 2007, 11:16 AM
One word: Torrent.

Uh? Is there a torrent way to update via synaptics?! I didn't know... how do you do that?

userundefine
April 19th, 2007, 07:37 PM
You don't. Torrent is for ISOs, not dist-upgrade.

eltorodeoro
April 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Feisty and Thunderbird2 released on the same day?

Somebody pinch me!