PDA

View Full Version : Which keyboard layout do you use?

EdThaSlayer
April 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Do you use the QWERTY layout or the Dvorak layout or any other layout?
So why is it your favorite layout?

I'm in the process of learning the Dvoraks method so I can type without getting my fingers uncomfortable and tired.Hopefully in 2 months I will be able to type a lot faster 3 months from now. :)

rai4shu2
April 18th, 2007, 04:46 PM
QWERTY: It was drilled into my skull in typing class.

daynah
April 18th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Maybe there should be a choice of "International" and "Other-Not English." There are still keyboards that would still fall under a general "Other" though, but I doubt they would get many votes, like a one handed version of all of the above, a gamer, I saw a rollyball keyboard one time...

Ahhh... keyboards.

frodon
April 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM
AZERTY for me like all french people (or almost) ;)

EdThaSlayer
April 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Maybe there should be a choice of "International" and "Other-Not English." There are still keyboards that would still fall under a general "Other" though, but I doubt they would get many votes, like a one handed version of all of the above, a gamer, I saw a rollyball keyboard one time...

Ahhh... keyboards.

I could have done that but the list would have become pretty long and usually the "not English" are usually based on one of these type of keyboard layout.Some of these keyboards come with the letters in English and underneath them there is another letter of his/her national language. These two are also the most well-known, according to the few searches I did on the web.

zacinator
April 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM
First post (I think) and I'm less than 3 days into using dvorak... Wow it took a long time to type this!

MRiGnS
April 18th, 2007, 06:05 PM
QWERTZ German-layout with deadkeys

EdThaSlayer
April 18th, 2007, 06:40 PM
First post (I think) and I'm less than 3 days into using dvorak... Wow it took a long time to type this!

Its just my 5th day and yes, I have a 8 wpm typing speed at the moment. :(
But in 2 months that will change into 80 fps. :D

Sluipvoet
April 18th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Qwerty (US International version)

MRiGnS
April 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I tried the dvoraks layout some time ago but i'm just used to the qwerty/qwertz layout that i couldn't get along with it plus I'm working on several machines on which i just can't simply change the layout. so i'll stick with the default which in germany is qwertz.

got no problems with qwerty though.

koenn
April 18th, 2007, 09:39 PM
AZERTY (Belgian variant)

old_geekster
April 18th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I use QWERTY because I am still learning after 35 years. I don't have the patience to learn a new OS (Feisty) and keyboard at the same time.

beercz
April 19th, 2007, 12:51 AM
GB (or is it UK?) variant for me