PDA

View Full Version : How are you going to celebrate Feisty Fawn Release

chakkaradeep
April 18th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Hi All,

Feisty Fawn - I can say one of the best Linux desktops available and its getting released tomorrow !

So, as a Ubuntu User, how are you going to celebrate the release of Feisty Fawn :)

Let me start - Me going to publish in all groups where I am subscribed, tell friends, post in my blog, install it in my laptop(already its running) and also propose to my Computer Science department to replace Fedora Core with Feisty (some may ask about Feisty's stability, but I can tell its better than FC6 :D )

Fine, Now , lets rock :guitar: :guitar: :popcorn:

insane_alien
April 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM
well, the chemical engineering department at my uni(i study chemical engineering) is having a cheese and wine night just by coincidence on the 19th.

now the way these usually go is that there is a lot of wine, no cheese and some sort drinking competition between everyone. it also happens to be free. so its basically a big booze up. i'll be drinking twice as much.

beercz
April 18th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Sadly I will be @ work :-(

Somenoob
April 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I'll make the soda extra cold tomorrow.

Btw are you gonna go CD or the internet upgrade?

chakkaradeep
April 18th, 2007, 12:25 PM

Now am with upgrade but already ready with an empty partition to install from CD :guitar:

beercz
April 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM
I'll make the soda extra cold tomorrow.

I upgraded a couple of months ago over the internet. No major issues so far, and I'm not expecting any.

Go for it!!

samjh
April 18th, 2007, 12:33 PM
By upgrading. :D

chakkaradeep
April 18th, 2007, 12:34 PM
My Poster is ready for tomorrow !

http://chakkaradeep.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/bill-recommends-ubuntu.jpg

Enjoy ! :popcorn:

beercz
April 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM
My Poster is ready for tomorrow !

http://chakkaradeep.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/bill-recommends-ubuntu.jpg

Enjoy ! :popcorn:

Nice - I want one !!!!

proalan
April 18th, 2007, 01:04 PM
lol that is an awesome picture:D

amar
April 18th, 2007, 01:12 PM
well, the chemical engineering department at my uni(i study chemical engineering)

Which Uni?
A chemical engineering student @ Edinburgh

I already upgrade my laptop, will update the desktop tomorrow, I will endeavour to have a CD on me at all times to hand to anyone who is interested

[I love that it takes people a few minutes of using the laptop before they notice that it isn't actually windows]

Outrunner
April 18th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I'll download a CD with it and install it on my laptop.

My school will celebrate by throwing TWO exams at us. Yay... Can't wait

karellen
April 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM
by downloading it :D

insane_alien
April 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Which Uni?
A chemical engineering student @ Edinburgh

strathclyde uni.

voided3
April 18th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I will be downloading Ubuntu, Xubuntu, and hopefully if it's released soon Fluxbuntu (I have a build 1 rev. 2 disk though). Shortly thereafter I will install it on my one desktop I have here at school and create a virtual machine for it on my Macbook Pro, then wait until I am home for the summer to experiment with it on my four other desktops and an old thinkpad. After the install/configuration, then comes the theme customization fun and the obligatory Quake 3 test :-)

justinlb
April 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I was planning on downloading it at the stroke of midnight but sadly because I'm hours in front of most of you guys I'm left here broken-hearted with no 7.04 in sight.

nintendoduffin
April 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I'm very much looking forward to the Feisty release, I would go for a few drinks tonight to celebrate but I am regrettably skint (that means I have no money for the non-Brits). I'm guessing the images will go online at midnight but does anyone know which time zone?

NESFreak
April 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Buying a lollipop and installing it the next day (school followed by work don't leave much time left.)

Eddie Wilson
April 18th, 2007, 05:38 PM
It will be Friday before I can get it and then I'm going to throw myself an install party this weekend. This is better than Christmas!:D
Eddie

Eddie Wilson
April 18th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Also I live about 35 miles from Va. Tech and I have some friends up there. I think I'll invite them to the install party. They need a break.
Eddie