PDA

View Full Version : Best Means of Communication

Dragonbite
April 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Wondering, what is the best means for communicating upcoming events which YOU (yes, you) would see?

Ideally, this would include a means for individuals to post upcoming events on their own, without needing it to be modified by an administrator of some sort.

earobinson
April 17th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I think that you guys do a great job as it is with mailing lists, but there are many other ways that you could consider (Im not sure if you do them since mailing lists work for me)

RSS Feeds, the forums (duh), Websites (not just plain text), online calendars are great to (google calendar)

Razzl
April 17th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I never fail to read my email daily; if someone keeps a "buddy list" in their profile and emails to the list I suppose that would hit me most reliably...

IgnacioMiller
April 18th, 2007, 02:44 PM
An RSS feed would be super convenient.

pmasiar
April 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
I prefer asynchronous communication like email and forum.

IMHO email is great because it pops to your inbox - I live off my inbox, what is not there, tends be forgotten :-)
But email tends to get lost and solution/consenzus might be not obvious - for that, wiki is the best, IMHO.

You can get free wiki at pbwiki.com about that fast, too, in case you want wiki separate from ubuntu (to keep confusion down).