PDA

View Full Version : College

notoriouslou1022
April 17th, 2007, 03:47 AM
I'm in 10th grade and just really started to think of what college I want to go to. I really want to go into computer programming or networking. I was wondering was good colleges were out there and what kinda grades I would need to get. :)

Fascination
April 17th, 2007, 03:48 AM
I'm in 10th grade and just really started to think of what collage I want to go to. I really want to go into computer programming or networking. I was wondering was good collages were out there and what kinda grades I would need to get. :)

Depends where you are in the world, and how far you're willing to travel. ;)

Mateo
April 17th, 2007, 03:50 AM
college

Nolander
April 17th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Come to australia and study at TAFE(Trades and further Education). I drop out of high skool when i was 14 and now im studying programing. in a year all go to Uni throu the back door. and Australia is wicked!

:D Smiles
Nolander

jdong
April 17th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Come to Cambridge, you'll love it!

bwhite82
April 17th, 2007, 06:13 AM
MIT! You must have some good grades though.

jdong
April 17th, 2007, 06:14 AM
My grades and test scores were all pretty normal, nothing outstanding.... For getting into top schools nowadays, it's more important to find one or two activities that you love with a passion, and get involved with them.

jfinkels
April 17th, 2007, 06:16 AM
My grades and test scores were all pretty normal, nothing outstanding.... For getting into top schools nowadays, it's more important to find one or two activities that you love with a passion, and get involved with them.

I had "very good" (totally arbitrary, but that's another discussion) grades and test scores...I didn't get in to MIT! Be really good at something in addition to good grades!

EDIT:

BTW, what's up jdong? You live four stops away from me :D

jdong
April 17th, 2007, 06:32 AM
I'm doing fine; enjoying my 2 days off school for Patriot's day.

jfinkels
April 17th, 2007, 06:58 AM
I'm doing fine; enjoying my 2 days off school for Patriot's day.

notoriouslou, if you come to Massachusetts for school, you get a random Monday off for "Patriot's Day", a holiday celebrated only in Massachusetts (and Maine) for apparently no reason at all (something about the American Revolution, freedom, a marathon...).

gus sett
April 17th, 2007, 06:59 AM
If you are considering colleges in the US, there are probably academic
counselors working with your principal's office who have guides describing
the admissions and testing requirements for various universities.
Check and see if they administer the PSAT the junior year at your
school or one nearby. You can also find college catalogs and testing
preparation materials at most major bookstores. The catalogs contain
descriptions of college student body demographics, the campus, the
city where the university is located and more. This supplements good high
school grades and committment to extracurricular activities you can
write about in your admissions application. Your application is your own
submitted information, but you can usually check with instructors
if you have questions. It's great that you thought about this your
sophomore year. :arrow:

I'm in 10th grade and just really started to think of what college I want to go to. I really want to go into computer programming or networking. I was wondering was good colleges were out there and what kinda grades I would need to get. :)

jdong
April 17th, 2007, 07:04 AM
notoriouslou, if you come to Massachusetts for school, you get a random Monday off for "Patriot's Day", a holiday celebrated only in Massachusetts (and Maine) for apparently no reason at all (something about the American Revolution, freedom, a marathon...).

*cough* Monday and Tuesday off *cough* :)

jfinkels
April 17th, 2007, 07:22 AM
*cough* Monday and Tuesday off *cough* :)

I wasn't going to say anything, buuut...

If you go to MIT, you get random EXTRA days off so that you don't kill yourself ("suicide days").

(Has it truly come to this jdong? I wasn't going to tell him about that! haha)

jdong
April 17th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Yeah, true, they are suicide planning^Wprevention days.