PDA

View Full Version : P2P Impact on the kid

Nolander
April 16th, 2007, 08:56 AM
The other day i was at a friends place. we were sitting back watching TV on his massive Home theater Projector when the teenage mutant turtles ad came on. and one of his kids(7 yrold) didnt say can we see that at the movies, instead they sed dad can u download that. now i dont know about others but when i was kid the biggest treat for me was going to see a movie. mi no saying ive never download stuff from P2P. But... (feal free to call me dramatic) the internet, P2P, pirating and other stuff is corrupting the youth of today.

so i was wondering wat you think about it?

:D Smiles
Nolander

Ps. Sorry if ive touch a forbidden subject.

karellen
April 16th, 2007, 09:06 AM
The other day i was at a friends place. we were sitting back watching TV on his massive Home theater Projector when the teenage mutant turtles ad came on. and one of his kids(7 yrold) didnt say can we see that at the movies, instead they sed dad can u download that. now i dont know about others but when i was kid the biggest treat for me was going to see a movie. mi no saying ive never download stuff from P2P. But... (feal free to call me dramatic) the internet, P2P, pirating and other stuff is corrupting the youth of today.

so i was wondering wat you think about it?

Nolander

Ps. Sorry if ive touch a forbidden subject.

I don't see how p2p would corrupt a kid. it offers him a much more easy way to get access to informations, music, videos and so. it's his choice

Nolander
April 16th, 2007, 09:10 AM
its offering them a illegal way.

Nolande

karellen
April 16th, 2007, 09:17 AM
so is the situation when you drive a car. is offering you an illegal way to to a lot of terrible/against the law things. but only if you choose to. should we close all the malls or jewelry stores because they might tempt people to steal? ;) I think my point is obvious. it would be a much more threat to freedom banning all those things that could be used to do illegal things than letting them run an educating people about concepts like right/wrong/illegal/legal...

Nolander
April 16th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I wasnt saying that kids are been misled or stuff. i was saying that the thing u loved as a kid going to the movies, buying CD, mowing lawns to buy the latest halo. is gone. there is no value in downloading stuff it dosnt teach kids any think.

:D Smile
nolander

karellen
April 16th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I wasnt saying that kids are been misled or stuff. i was saying that the thing u loved as a kid going to the movies, buying CD, mowing lawns to buy the latest halo. is gone. there is no value in downloading stuff it dosnt teach kids any think.

:D Smile
nolander

yes, I understand. I know what you mean. when things become to easy to obtain people start to take them for granted and don't appreciate them as they should :)

Nolander
April 16th, 2007, 10:21 AM
cool where on the same page

Nolander