PDA

View Full Version : a conversation with mark shuttleworth :)

karellen
April 15th, 2007, 07:25 AM
http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/04/a_conversation.html
Mark is one of the persons I admire :D...

Takmadeus
April 15th, 2007, 07:29 AM
I do as well.... as with his money he did not look for public admiration (like some Mr Gates who entered the philantropy busniess in order to get more attention)... no, he encouraged humaity to think and by the distro he founded (the one obviously most of us are using) encouraged people to set aside its differences and to help each other....

just as he does, great things do not come from great money but a great heart... (I made that quote :p it is GPLed so watch out :p)

DoctorMO
April 15th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Interesting fella, would like to meet him at some point reminds me of a bloke I know from Egypt.

karellen
April 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM
yeap, he could have done anything he wanted with his money, but he chose to help making the best distro out there on the strong basis of the wonderful "ubuntu" philosophy. only the shipit feature help spreading linux much more than any advertising or positive reviews on some websites

Tux Aubrey
April 15th, 2007, 07:46 AM
just as he does, great things do not come from great money but a great heart... (I made that quote it is GPLed so watch out )

Ha! but Microsoft has already patented the "money (TM)" bit, so you should consider yourself at risk - and that goes for anyone else who uses your quote.:)

Good interview.

weasel fierce
April 15th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Very interesting stuff. He seems like a stand up chap

Takmadeus
April 15th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Ha! but Microsoft has already patented the "money (TM)" bit, so you should consider yourself at risk - and that goes for anyone else who uses your quote.

then I shall change it for monetary power :p

now I have patented it!.... it is GPL'ed :p