PDA

View Full Version : Help with suse 10.2 net install

67GTA
April 15th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I was attempting to do a net install and I am stuck at the server/directory step. I am supposed to enter the IP of the server the repository is on and the directory on the server. This is the first net install I've done and have no idea how to find this stuff. Can someone straighten me out?

igknighted
April 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM
I was attempting to do a net install and I am stuck at the server/directory step. I am supposed to enter the IP of the server the repository is on and the directory on the server. This is the first net install I've done and have no idea how to find this stuff. Can someone straighten me out?

You need to look this stuff up before you start the install. I would seriously recommend that you not use net install though. It's a huge PITA. By downloading the DVD you save time (faster downloads from the mirrors than the repo's) and get much more convenience. If you really want to try net-install still go to www.suseforums.net. If you don't have a DVD drive, download the iso, burn the suse boot disk, point it to the iso file (assuming it is on a partition that isn't being formatted) and install away.