PDA

View Full Version : windows video game question

clueless8675309
April 15th, 2007, 02:39 AM
can some one tell me where to go or how to download the game star wars galactic battlegrounds:saga by lucas arts :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Compucore
April 15th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Sorry that is an illegal question to answer over here. We cannot help you with that at all.

Compucore

clueless8675309
April 15th, 2007, 02:54 AM
i have the game,i bought it about a year ago, and my brother changed my computer to ubuntu so i just wanted to know how to download it because im new and i just wanted to know what folders or something to go into once i put the disk in

x1a4
April 15th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Hi,

Check the game's Web site. They may have a Linux installer you can use to run it. Doom3, for example, has one. All I had to do to run it on Linux was download and install the Doom3 Linux installer (very easy to do) and copy a couple of files from the Doom3 CD I purchased, and bingo, Doom3 and D3:RoE run flawlessly on my kickass Xubuntu system.

maniacmusician
April 15th, 2007, 03:01 AM
What x1a4 said.

Compucore
April 15th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Ah my mistake. I took it as you wanting to get it and never had a copy of it in the first place. Sorry about that. And I believe there is a version of it for linux like what x1a4 had mentioned. I think you might have to copy the data files as well for it. I think some games requires that. I know that quake did that for their linux version as well.

Compucore

clueless8675309
April 15th, 2007, 03:34 AM
i just went to the site, actually 2 of them and i searched around and i couldnt find anything all they had was how much it would cost, i googled it to see how to install it and it just came up with ebay and amazon stuff so if any of u could help me find it that would be awesome

kvonb
April 15th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Sorry that is an illegal question to answer over here. We cannot help you with that at all.

Compucore

Illegal question? What, you like the question police or something? hahahah

Compucore
April 15th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Nah I was under the assumption that he was looking for the software itself for windows. And turned around and kissed my own butcass there at the moment. as you see later on in the thread. Well small things like that happen. Be thankful I'm not lke bill gates. I would have bloated the whole thing out of propotions there. :D

Compucore

Hi,

Check the game's Web site. They may have a Linux installer you can use to run it. Doom3, for example, has one. All I had to do to run it on Linux was download and install the Doom3 Linux installer (very easy to do) and copy a couple of files from the Doom3 CD I purchased, and bingo, Doom3 and D3:RoE run flawlessly on my kickass Xubuntu system.

Illegal question? What, you like the question police or something? hahahah

x1a4
April 15th, 2007, 04:13 AM
i just went to the site, actually 2 of them and i searched around and i couldnt find anything all they had was how much it would cost, i googled it to see how to install it and it just came up with ebay and amazon stuff so if any of u could help me find it that would be awesome

Have you tried to run it under wine?

wine /path/to/star-wars-game.exe

clueless8675309
April 15th, 2007, 04:44 AM
whats that, sorry im really new at computers and stuff

x1a4
April 15th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Wine allows you to run certain windows applications under Linux.

Start by visiting winehq.com (http://www.winehq.com/). Also search these forums. There are plenty of people asking questions (and getting answers) about wine. Cedega is also something you may want to look into. Visit transgaming.com (http://www.transgaming.com/).