PDA

View Full Version : starting work on website ect..

hockey97
April 14th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Hi I scripted in C and also C++ but never fully made programs just calculators ect I did some learning on python know the basic stuff on how it deals with var and functions ect and started to learn some php, I have apache2 and mysql and proftp and postfix, I am going to start work on my website I never really done web programming ect, I want to make a login system for my e-mail service and other stuff and also I want to create my own page that intergrates the mail server ect stuff, like after login if my user's goes on their e-mail page I want the page set up my way and use my own art ect also I need to know how to script either in php or python on showing the e-mails that person got and have a comment stating you have 25 new messages and 13 old messages ect

I need to know how postfix is setup so I can grab certain user's dir or e-mail place on my hard drive . I want to make a page like aol has ect.

I am new to web programming I know html and did code pages in html but never got into php or python for web dev .

pmasiar
April 15th, 2007, 12:59 AM
try this: http://LearnPython.pbwiki.com/WebApplication