PDA

View Full Version : WinFOSS descriptions need some loving

dlr.pe
April 13th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I sat down and carefully read each of the descriptions in the WinFOSS portion of the Feisty beta. I noted a few areas where it seems a comma is misplaced, and one or two places where a word seems to be missing. I have enclosed the offending paragraph[s] from Firefox, Scribus, and Kubuntu with reccomended corrections in square brackets [].

--- Firefox (first paragraph) ---

The Firefox web browser empowers you to browse web pages faster, more safely, and more efficiently. Pop-up blocking to [DELETE "to"] stops those annoying ads, [and|while] tabbed browsing lets you view multiple web pages in a single window and open links in the background. The toolbars are fully customizable. If you don't like the default order of the buttons, just right click, select "customize" and drag the buttons where you want them.

--- Scribus (all three paragraphs) ---

Scribus is a professional desktop publishing application for Linux, MacOSX and Windows with a combination of "press-ready" output and new approaches to page layout. Scribus includes powerful tools for [FOR WHAT?] like separation previews, cross-platform python scripting and an easy to use drag and drop scrapbook.

Underneath the modern and user friendly interface, Scribus contains professional publishing features,[DELETE COMMA] such as CMYK color,[DELETE COMMA] separations and ICC color management. Scribus supports OpenType Fonts and Unicode text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew. Scribus has been translated into more than 25 languages.

Scribus also supports SVG and EPS import/export, PDF import[,] and versatile PDF creation,[DELETE COMMA] including the new PDF/X-3 ISO standard. The native Scribus file format is XML based; open and completely documented.

--- Kubuntu (first paragraph) ---

Kubuntu is a user friendly operating system based on KDE, the K Desktop Environment. With a predictable 6 month release cycle [IS THERE SOMETHING MISSING RIGHT HERE? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.] part of the Ubuntu project, Kubuntu is the GNU/Linux distribution for everyone.

-------

I hope these comments make sense. If not, let me know and I'll redo them in OOo Writer so that insertsions and deletions can be seen more easily.

Henrik
April 14th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks for testing. CD images have just been produced this morning, so unfortunately this comes just a bit too late :(

Please file a bug here: https://bugs.beta.launchpad.net/ubuntu-winfoss/ so we can get the fix into updates. Thanks.

dlr.pe
April 14th, 2007, 01:41 PM
OK - Done.

dlr.pe
April 14th, 2007, 02:14 PM
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/106538