PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Magazine

gunthermeyer
April 13th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Does any know if Ubuntu had a hard copy magazine in stores or can a person ( meaning me) subscribe to the magazine. If so how much? From what I've seen in these forums there are plenty of very talented people out there that come with up a bunch of written articles for a magazine. Seriously I would pay money because my eyes begin to hurt after a while looking at my screen and it's not always easy to take your laptop to the restroom to read the articles. Unfortunately I'm not using Ubuntu at this minute because I can't seem to make my lap top acknowledge that it has a pcmcia wireless card so I'm left with having to use this Windows O.S. instead. Thanks for info.

aysiu
April 13th, 2007, 08:25 PM
There's a free PDF magazine that just got started. Search the forums for Full Circle.

Hard copy mags--your best bet is Linux Format. It's not specifically about Ubuntu, but it's a great magazine. The price varies, depending on what country you live in. In the US, it's $16 per issue. It's cheaper in the UK.

xopher
April 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Full Circle, thanks for the tip ;)

Tobster
April 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
The Official Linux Book - is a really good read and get you excited about Ubuntu.

Linux Format Magazine is a worldwide publication I like it because it an interesting read that also get you excited about Open Source.

Linux Format Magazine are in love with both Ubuntu and SUSE and they are the two main distro that get a lot of mention.

Thanks

Toby