PDA

View Full Version : Self-Motivating

kvidell
June 10th, 2005, 10:19 PM
So...
How do you guys usually do it?

I have a couple web dev projects to do, one of which requires I learn PHP, the other requires I bust out my photoshop "l33t-hax0r" skills again for the first time in a couple months... And I just don't feel like doing either.
I'm having problems getting going and I can't hammer down a good, original design for either site to even get started. The wire-frame tables look very... well.. generic and I'm not happy with it.

Not even the fact that the first one gets me a pretty nice cheque (supposedly) and the second is my personal site I've been wanting to make for awhile, and I finally have a place to put it (Thanks Arthemys!)... I just feel bleh about the whole thing.

So, how do you guys self-motivate when you need it/need to?
- Kev

poofyhairguy
June 10th, 2005, 10:29 PM
- Kev

Red Bull or drinks like that.

az
June 10th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Stay off the forums if you want to get any work done.

Ironi
June 11th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Lies. :mad:

TravisNewman
June 11th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Red Bull or drinks like that.
echhh... nasty

Xian
June 11th, 2005, 02:16 AM

I learned a trick about self-motivation when I would tend to my garden. Often when you lack the desire to accomplish a variety of things it is not very unlike a plant that has too many buds. In short, some pruning is often required and usually does the trick nicely. Then what is left begins to flourish.

sapo
June 11th, 2005, 06:11 AM

hum.. so looking at your post count i ve concluded:

You dont work at all :roll:

hehehe :grin:

bored2k
June 11th, 2005, 06:34 AM
I need to work on this. What would normally take me 30 minutes to accomplish is taking me hours. I would turn of my router, but then bittorrent would go down :/. From tomorrow on, I'm setting myself a login schedule :S.

http://ubuntuforums.org/journal.php?do=showentry&e=307