PDA

View Full Version : Silly advertising stunt...

hardyn
April 13th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Would would it take to get a 1/2 - 1 second appearance of ubuntu (log in screen maybe) in something like CSI, or a film? I know payola always works. I have noticed that dell is starting to make the ubiquitous computer appearances in TV like apple did in the early 2000s. It would be neat to see a real non-mainstream OS used, as opposed to made up OSes in films and TV.

My other idea would be to get ubuntu, or linux in general onto Colbert... The OSS philosophy would play nicely into his political satire, yes of course he would rip the snot out of it, but that is what he does... it would make for some light hearted publicity.

dbbolton
April 13th, 2007, 03:16 AM
i'll feature ubuntu in my various indie film projects for free.

thenetduck
April 13th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Well, I every time a computer or OS shows up in a movie, someone is getting paid so the easy answer to your first question is, pay them some mula or produce the movie ;) You could aways try asking but I don't know what that would do.
Funny you mention the Colbert Report, I bet that if we make a "Colbert Edition" he would think it was funny and mention it..hehe. But then again, I'm guessing he has nothing to do with what he says on TV just script writers/producers/managers.

The Net Duck

macogw
April 13th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Mandriva was on a tv show a few months ago. /. was all wondering how anyone noticed that the computer screen in the foreground was running Mandriva when the lady in the background was stripping for her webcam.

http://www.eikehein.com/kde/heroes/ <-- pics of computer screen (she's blurred out, facing away from the camera, and not nude, so it's safe)