PDA

View Full Version : which one do you use?

sailingboarder
April 12th, 2007, 10:08 PM
just curious, wut type of devices to you use?

also, please share specific devices

Sunflower1970
April 12th, 2007, 10:16 PM
PDA. An old iPAQ h1945. Use it for writing out my grocery list :) I have 2GB SD card that I put music on, and use it as an MP3player, I've encoded a few movies for it, before, and I have a wifi card for it for mobile surfing :)

Rutabega
April 12th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Cowon M5L- MP3 Player. My first mp3 player purchase. I was finally persuaded by all the positive reports about this player on these very forums, so I decided to "splash out" and release some moths from my wallet.

tbroderick
April 12th, 2007, 11:15 PM
None. I don't like having a lot of gadgets. None of those listed is important enough for me to buy.

sailingboarder
April 12th, 2007, 11:34 PM
do you at least have a cell fone?

GuitarHero
April 12th, 2007, 11:37 PM
I still use an ancient technology called a portable cd player to listen to music. It plays these disks called CDs that people used to get music on before iEverything.

And a RAZR.

Redache
April 12th, 2007, 11:52 PM
I have a Phillips GoGear HDD 30 which is crap. I bought it in a moment of consumer idiocy and "ooo touch screen buttons" and thus my money was spent.

Recommendations on a new MP3 player would be helpful :D :guitar:

Shay Stephens
April 13th, 2007, 12:00 AM
I have an mp3 player, a Samsung of some type, but I don't use it much. I have a Handspring Visor Platinum that I use for reading ebooks and I love it. I have a basic prepaid cell phone, but only use it when traveling in the car.

tbroderick
April 13th, 2007, 12:06 AM
do you at least have a cell fone?

No. Cellphone companies are evil.

Shay Stephens
April 13th, 2007, 12:15 AM
No. Cellphone companies are evil.

Wouldn't it be cool if eventually a mesh network were setup that could handle voip calls from a handheld? No need for cell companies then.

sailingboarder
April 13th, 2007, 01:17 AM
i can't remember which device it was, but there is a device that does voip calling

it may have been the nokia n800, or something completely different

also, the sony myIO does skype, which isn't 2 great but still voip

so the option to go minus cell fone company is out there

djsroknrol
April 13th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I use a Palmone Zire PDA, and a cheepie Coby MP3 player (when I'm in the mood for music on the go)

mohnkern
April 23rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
I'm having something annoying going on with my COBY USA player.

I plug it in, and the directory comes up, but then I paste files in, and when I turn on the player, It shows "no MP3's."

when I bring up the player in Windows, it has a directory internal folders which Is where I paste the mp3's into.

Anyone else see this behavior?

karellen
April 23rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
none. just a basic mobile phone (nokia 1101) to be in touch with my friends and so

bonzodog
April 23rd, 2007, 06:06 PM
I have a Samsung Mobile phone, and a USB dongle for storage of small amounts of stuff.

Also have a Samsung Mp3 player (they Just Work in linux).

I have grown to like Samsung as a technology company, and have started replacing more items around my house with their stuff. My computer monitor and TV are both Samsung.