PDA

View Full Version : Team Unification Proposal

jpeddicord
April 12th, 2007, 08:16 PM
theidiotthatisme made a very good point last night during a private chat session: We need to define what certain teams need to do and get more solid goals on the ground. Namely, the Communication, Wiki, and Website teams, all of which are relatively small.

Currently, the Website team does the website and just that. The Wiki team is for the wiki. The communication team is what is there to get the word out about news and such. But, none of the three have any concrete plans and things are not very seamless in the operations.

My proposal (maybe for the next meeting): To remove the Website, Communication, and Wiki teams, and create one single generic Web/Comm team lead by the current three team leaders. By doing this, we can make sure that all of the info is spread across the wiki, sites, and mailing list as seamlessly as possible. Currently, we have some things that are duplicated throughout the areas.

On a related note, the newer website will have groups for this new team. We'll give all of the team member's access to post news and content articles to the site, as well as get much better wiki integration (I'm working on page-embedding for this).

Like the idea? Dislike? Want to suggest something? :-D

Hopefully we'll be able to establish some better organization!

Jacob

hackle577
April 13th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I definitely am in favor of the idea; a combined Web/Comm team sounds pretty good to me. :-)

What I worry about though is cross-posted content between the wiki and the website, which I think we should avoid as mush as possible.

jpeddicord
April 13th, 2007, 01:16 AM
What I worry about though is cross-posted content between the wiki and the website, which I think we should avoid as mush as possible.

Exactly my thoughts here. If we do do this, then it should cut down on duplicate content. I actually prefer the wiki for most content (meeting logs, schedules, etc) but the website might be handy as a "start page" for new users and to display recent relevant news.

hackle577
April 13th, 2007, 01:23 AM
I actually prefer the wiki for most content (meeting logs, schedules, etc) but the website might be handy as a "start page" for new users and to display recent relevant news.

My thoughts exactly. ;-)

Vorian
April 13th, 2007, 01:40 AM
werd*

added to the agenda priority numero uno.
:guitar:

razali2k5
April 13th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I am interested in ways to help but honestly I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me find stuff that I can participate to? It is a very good idea to divide tasks to different team members.

hackle577
April 13th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Check this out: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OhioTeam/NewMember

You can also read up on each of our subteams on wiki and see if there's a team out there for you.

Happy Ubuntu-ing!