PDA

View Full Version : Noticed something nice on the uTorrent website

Kimm
April 12th, 2007, 06:35 PM
From the website:

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9910/utorrentxk6.png

:D

Just goes to show, that even if they havnt ported uTorrent to Linux yet, they still think about us ^^

KitChy
April 12th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Yeh you've been able to use uT on ubuntu with wine for a while now.

Kimm
April 12th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Yeh you've been able to use uT on ubuntu with wine for a while now.

That wasnt realy what I ment. My point was that they actually write that it works with wine (right next to the versions of Windows even). That is not something you see everyday :)

KitChy
April 12th, 2007, 06:45 PM
That wasnt realy what I ment. My point was that they actually write that it works with wine (right next to the versions of Windows even). That is not something you see everyday :)

Oh sorry! :oops:

maniacmusician
April 13th, 2007, 12:34 AM
From the website:

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9910/utorrentxk6.png

:D

Just goes to show, that even if they havnt ported uTorrent to Linux yet, they still think about us ^^
Eh. Not too excited about it. In case you were unaware, uTorrent was bought by BitTorrent, and it is now the official BT client. This goes hand in hand with the fact that BitTorrent, Inc (owned by Bram Cohen, inventor of BT) has started making deals with the MPAA and movie studios involving DRM'd distribution of their movies.

That just makes me a bit queasy, so I can't say that I support uTorrent anymore.

onesojourner
April 13th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I think what he is trying to say is "it has become and evil of this world and we want it to die"

Polygon
April 13th, 2007, 06:04 AM
even though the author of the client says it wont... but honestly, what kind of reactions did he expect when he sold off his program?

Kimm
April 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Ook :O I was completely unaware of this, that is very bad...
Would this mean that we would start seeing forking of the BitTorrent protocol (if some sort of DRM validation or whatever is built in to the official client/protocol)? That is also not good...

Edit:
And I was just about to start using uTorrent in wine again, oh well, I wount now! I think I'll look more into libtorrent and Deluge/qBitTorrent