PDA

View Full Version : Budget box

Kyre
April 12th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Im not shure if this is the right place for this but here go's nothing :confused:

I'm trying to put together the ultimate ubnutu box on a budget and need some hardware suggestions.
The budget is roughly 5000nkr or about 700-800 us$ It is not going to be a gaming pc but i would like to have it as power full as i can and i also want dualscreen.
What i need is :

CPU RAM MB and HD.

thank you :D
If this is in the wrong sub forum please notify me :D

-edit-

What i was wondering was if any one had any thing they would like to recommend ie. What main board do you prefer and why ? Or what graphics card works best on Linux fore dual head in your opinion (no flame fest pleas)

Titus A Duxass
April 12th, 2007, 12:56 PM
700-800 us$ - Is hardware expensive in your part of the world?

For about 350€ you can have a pretty good general purpose system with 1gb RAM, +2,0Ghz, 300gb.

Hallvor
April 12th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Kyre: I assume you are Norwegian, so why not go to www.komplett.no and "build" your own computer according to your budget?

http://www.komplett.no/k/config.asp?ConfigSystemId=10138

Just a thought.

Kyre
April 12th, 2007, 03:34 PM
I should have been more specific, what i was wondering was if any one had any thing they would like to recommend ie. What main board do you prefer and why ? Or what graphics card works best on Linux fore dual head in your opinion (no flame fest pleas)

I am dyslexic and have a hard time expressing my self in writing

hkgonra
April 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
All I know for sure is for $700 you can build a REALLY nice system that would even game well.