PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Spurs or Pistons?

carlc
June 10th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Who will win the series? My vote is for the Spurs but I think it will be a good series and will go all seven games.

kvidell
June 10th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Who will win the series? My vote is for the Spurs but I think it will be a good series and will go all seven games.
I might as well get this out of the way early:

What sport is this?

I only know a few (american) Football teams and some Hockey teams :-\
- Kev

skoal
June 10th, 2005, 01:24 AM
No contest. Spurs in 4.

\\//_

kleeman
June 10th, 2005, 01:59 AM
DEEEETROIT in seven because they are a mean bunch of muvvers and unlike other NBA franchises are actually a team

TravisNewman
June 10th, 2005, 03:40 AM
I think the Atlanta Falcons will win. They're a baseball team like the Spurs and Pistons, right?

*L*

SO I don't really keep up with sports anymore, though I used to. I haven't heard anything about either team's season. What's been going on?

skoal
June 10th, 2005, 04:04 AM
David Duncan eats Pistons for lunch. He's got chunks of Rasheed Wallace in his stool. Hmm...where have I heard that one before. Anyway, I'm revising my original prediction. Spurs in 3. Game 4 won't be necessary - since by that time David Stern will have reviewed game 7 in Miami and realized that Detroit cheated and therefore forfeits the trophy alltoghether.

\\//_

bored2k
June 10th, 2005, 04:26 AM
San Antonio juggernauts: Manu | Duncan | Parker

Detroit juggernauts: Wallace | Wallace | Billups |

San Antonio backups: Barry | Horry

Detroit backups: Prince

I want to say San Antonio.. but it's going to be hard. I say San Antonio in 6.
Why? Ok, so Duncan does not have his twin tower Robinson anymore, but regardless, Duncan eats the Pistons's Wallace Towers like a Twinkie on an Iraq U.S. troops camp. If Ginobili heats up, mayhem is bound to happen. Speedy Parker gets his groove on, Billups/Rip won't be able to catch up.

poofyhairguy
June 10th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Spurs. I mean, lightening doesn't strike twice. Nothing in the NBA east is good enough to beat the Spurs two years in a row.

bored2k
June 10th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Spurs. I mean, lightening doesn't strike twice. Nothing in the NBA east is good enough to beat the Spurs two years in a row.
It doesn't strike twice ? Miami lost. 1. Phoenix lost. 2. But let's hope you are right.

P.S. - Your sigs own :D

poofyhairguy
June 10th, 2005, 08:55 AM
It doesn't strike twice ?

I should make myself more clear. Last year when the Spurs lost in the playoffs they were so good that anyone I knew that knew anything about basketball said "the lakers beat the Spurs, there is no way they will lose the finals to any East team."

The Spurs will get their day again I bet, their entire bench is just too good.

bored2k
June 10th, 2005, 09:01 AM
I should make myself more clear. Last year when the Spurs lost in the playoffs they were so good that anyone I knew that knew anything about basketball said "the lakers beat the Spurs, there is no way they will lose the finals to any East team."

The Spurs will get their day again I bet, their entire bench is just too good.
True. Hey did you read SI.com 2003's Most boring superstars (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/2003/05/30/boring/) lol ? It was funny. Turns, Duncan is the most persistent force in the game possibly in like, ever (talk about being an All-Star your whole complete 8 season career and counting.. going big twice.. mvp twice.. good Lord..). The Spurs are the true definition of how basketball should be played.

1- 0. Here we go.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/06/09/pistons.spurs.ap/

skoal
June 10th, 2005, 01:53 PM
You know, the funny thing about Duncan in all the years that I've followed him, that "flash" from box scores just doesn't match his play. You'll read the day after, 32 points and 12 rebounds - then you'll scratch your chin a bit and try to remember just one basket or board of his. The guy's one smooth cat. He's the type of player that everyone knows is great, but his style on the floor doesn't have the "flash" or "pop" that other "super starts" do. He sneaks up on ya. He just gets it done. I like that.

\\//_

defkewl
June 10th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Pistons please :)

carlc
June 11th, 2005, 02:42 AM
I might as well get this out of the way early:

What sport is this?

I only know a few (american) Football teams and some Hockey teams :-\
Kev

Basketball! The NBA championship series started last night between the Spurs and Pistons, and the Spurs dominated.

Man, you have to love Tim Duncan with 24 points, 17 total rebounds, and 2 blocked shots in last night's game.

gylf
June 11th, 2005, 02:46 AM
David Duncan eats Pistons for lunch. He's got chunks of Rasheed Wallace in his stool.
\\//_

Funny, a few weeks ago you were saying the same thing about Shaq...
When will you learn not to under-estimate the Pistons? :)

Pistons in 6

carlc
June 11th, 2005, 02:55 AM
When will you learn not to under-estimate the Pistons?

Pistons in 6

Good point. It is easy understimate them.

bored2k
June 11th, 2005, 03:14 AM
They are both underrated teams. I still say Spurs in 6.

skoal
June 11th, 2005, 03:25 AM
When will you learn not to under-estimate the Pistons? :)
Two words: Denial!

\\//_

bored2k
June 11th, 2005, 03:27 AM
I think this is the only thread were it is 100% safe and allowed to bash and whine about stuff ;)..

skoal
June 11th, 2005, 05:45 AM
I'm so confident that Duncan won't let me down, If Detroit wins this series, I'll lean over a boat in the River Walk and take a nice big gulp of green slurry...

\\//_

kleeman
June 11th, 2005, 03:25 PM
That WILL be a sight to behold. Where the hell is the River Walk? Deep in the heart of Texas? Pistons in 7 :razz: :razz: :razz:

skoal
June 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM
The River Walk (http://hotx.com/rb/) is right there in the heart of San Antonio. It's a beautiful landscape! A winding river cuts through the concrete metropolis, with overlapping trees, lush tropical foliage, and choirs of nightingales singing sweet siren songs to your boat off in the distance. Along the banks, restaurants beckon you with "eat here! eat here!", as the smell of chicken fajitas permeates your senses. That river is pretty darn green, and I refuse to believe it's all from stirring sediment as boats pass through...

\\//_

kleeman
June 11th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Good one! I took the virtual tour. That green looks nasty.....

uc50_ic4more
June 12th, 2005, 12:39 AM
My vote goes to the Pistons, *PROVIDED* the celebrations are as non-violent as last year. Does anyone remember the Bad Boys victories ~15 years ago? I had the misfortune of having been in Detroit one night when they clinched versus Portland, and it took us 4 hours to get just a few blocks to the border to get back into Canada. There were burning, overturned police cars, and gun fire *everywhere*... It reminded me of every other day in Detroit. :wink:

carlc
June 15th, 2005, 12:56 AM
The Spurs lead the series 2 - 0. The game tonight in Detriot should decide the outcome if the Spurs can win their first road game and put themselves in need of just one more win.

bored2k
June 15th, 2005, 04:54 AM
The Spurs lead the series 2 - 0. The game tonight in Detriot should decide the outcome if the Spurs can win their first road game and put themselves in need of just one more win.
Not going to happen.

aragorn2909
June 15th, 2005, 04:29 PM
"Pistons punish Spurs in Game 3" headline from CBC website

Funny, almost noon here, and not a single comment from any of the Spur's advocates?

skoal
June 15th, 2005, 05:03 PM
2-1?? Whoa! I guess San Antonio just wants to play with 'em for a bit, much like a cat slapping a wounded mouse around like a "basketball" until it goes limp and finally decides to eat it.

\\//_

aragorn2909
June 15th, 2005, 05:43 PM
2-1?? Whoa! I guess San Antonio just wants to play with 'em for a bit, much like a cat slapping a wounded mouse around like a "basketball" until it goes limp and finally decides to eat it.

\\//_

But that cat never allows the wounded mouse to "punish" it by 17 pts

carlc
June 15th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Not going to happen.

You were correct!

A 2-1 series is now more interesting. I still see the Spurs winning the series. However, I think they will need to win at least one in Detroit.

carlc
June 17th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Anyone care to make a prediction for tonight's game? I am picking the Spurs to win tonight and then win the series in game 5 or 6 (more likely 6 than 5).

bored2k
June 17th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Anyone care to make a prediction for tonight's game? I am picking the Spurs to win tonight and then win the series in game 5 or 6 (more likely 6 than 5).
Spurs.

carlc
June 17th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Spurs 71 @ Pistons 102 - Ouch! :mad:

tread
June 17th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Yep .. they got really slaughtered.

Strange series .. no close games but 2-2!

bored2k
June 17th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Yep .. they got really slaughtered.

Strange series .. no close games but 2-2!
They got so owned it hurts :(

aragorn2909
June 17th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Pistons overwhelm Spurs in Game 4 - Geez I love CBC headlines

kleeman
June 17th, 2005, 02:36 PM
The Muvvers are back on track! Pistons in 7 as predicted above :smile: Who is the cat and who is the mouse now I wonder. Good series!

skoal
June 17th, 2005, 10:29 PM
yo yo yo,
listen to me flow -
twaz 2 and 0,
just so ya know.

Big D got lucky,
at home, big mo -
took a quick 2
from toni oh oh...

evruhbody just leeen back,
evruhbody just leeeen back...

bust it!

big sucka MCs,
rappin D fo sho' -
pop pop go my 9,
betta hit da flo'...

mo town fan,
remember Dun can -
step to tha name,
Game 5z in hand...

snap - uhh!
snap - uhh!
pick it up! pick it up! Put yo hands in da air -
swing 'em left, swing 'em right, like u just don't care...
yeaaah...
uhh!
yeaaah...
uhh!

drop it!

Gino with a steal,
throwin up a 3 -
all net, all swish,
time out Rasheeeeed...

Big 'ole Ben,
has a big 'ole fro -
and he cant see Horry,
as he dunkin' fo mo'...

Game soon over,
and Bowen has rock -
only 3 to go,
but 3 beat clock

yeaaah boyeee...
Tonio gonna drop da A bomb in game 5 on all you mutha crunkin' Detroit suckas out dere...
yeaaaaah...

tru playas do playas yall...
suffocat'n all those otha sucka Detroit MCs out there since 9-teeeen 92...
MC Skoal izzay in dis 'ere hizzouse!
yeah - yeah...
I started yo shiznitt, and ill end yo' shiznitt...

shizzouts to all ma homies back in Texas propa.
yeaaah...
yeaaah...

ain't nuthin but a g thang baaaybey...
ain't nuthin but a g thang baaaybey...

* I'm sure I violated forum rules somewhere in that post. Technically speaking, that's not l33t talk, so just ignore my redneck white rappin' no skillz havin' stupidity altogether, or just delete this post like a true playa would. That's how I roll...

\\//_ (westsiiiiiiide!)

christooss
June 17th, 2005, 10:38 PM
San Antonio will 100% win. WHy? Beacause of the SLOVENIAN power in team. Beno and Rašo. Beno was on allstar rookie game.

I am waiting sunday midnight. Why beacause game starts then. :)

kleeman
June 17th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Whoah skoal that was a rap and a half! Is that Snoop Dogg by any chance :smile: :smile:

kleeman
June 17th, 2005, 10:43 PM
BTW he goes well with the Pope!!!!! [-X [-X [-X

mtrompeta
June 17th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I say Spurs - in 6 games. But I really want Detroit to win though. I've hated the spurs ever since their rivalry with the Lakers.

By the way, did ya'll hear? Phil's back!!! I'm excited about this!!! (I'm not trying to flame or anything, just stating the news)

skoal
June 18th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Whoah skoal that was a rap and a half! Is that Snoop Dogg by any chance :smile: :smile:
Yes, sir! I just felt like bustin' off a cold funky fresh rhyme on you Mo Town fans. Much love, much respect to my Detroit homies, but Duncan and his Slovenian supermen are fixin' to whip out a can of Industrial strength whoop cream on the Wallace doublemint twinz. It's all good in da hood mah brotha. Who knows? Pistons may get lucky and only lose by 20 in game 5. You know what they say in Detroit, "sheed happens".

\\//_

kleeman
June 18th, 2005, 01:22 AM
LOL Homey, Pistons are Firing!

carlc
June 18th, 2005, 01:31 AM
San Antonio will 100% win. WHy? Beacause of the SLOVENIAN power in team. Beno and Rašo. Beno was on allstar rookie game.

I am waiting sunday midnight. Why beacause game starts then. :)

Nothing against Slovenia, but I think it will be power from Argentina that wins the game. Manu Ginobili has been slowed down by the Piston's defense but I don't think that will last.

andlinux21
June 18th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Since the 2-3-2 format no home team with the 3 games has ever won all 3 if detroit wins that 3rd game at home they will win the series. Otherwise its just stretching it out for the NBA to make some dollars no one likes a sweep.

Go Spurs!! :grin:

carlc
June 18th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Since the 2-3-2 format no home team with the 3 games has ever won all 3 if detroit wins that 3rd game at home they will win the series. Otherwise its just stretching it out for the NBA to make some dollars no one likes a sweep.

Go Spurs!! :grin:

I agree. I think Sunday's game in Detroit is a must win for the Spurs. If Detroit beats the 3 home game odds with a win, I think we can except them to win one of two next road games.

carlc
June 18th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Skoal, I like the new avatar and matching location text.

christooss
June 18th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Of course Manu is THE best. Unfortiomaly sometimes he has a bad day. Just like Beno and Raso.

I hope Raso's form will get hier next season. I know Beno's will.

BTW argentina IS World Basketbal Champion :)

bored2k
June 18th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Of course Manu is THE best. Unfortiomaly sometimes he has a bad day. Just like Beno and Raso.

I hope Raso's form will get hier next season. I know Beno's will.

BTW argentina IS World Basketbal Champion :)
And european world champ too. Manu is the only olympic, world and european champion..ever.

skoal
June 18th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I just read a rather curious quote on espn.com by the head coach of the San Antonio Spurs. He said, "All your detroit players (http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf) are belong to us!"

\\//_

kleeman
June 18th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I also read this from Popovich:

"We succumbed to their physical play," Popovich said. "They have raised the bar in physicality. They do not want to give up the ring and we have not met the challenge to date."

Wilting against Detroit's aggressive defense for a second straight time, San Antonio committed 17 turnovers - leading to 25 points for the opposition. In Game Three, the Pistons had 23 points off of 18 miscues by the Spurs.

Looks like game 5 might be a bit rough!

gylf
June 19th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Since the 2-3-2 format no home team with the 3 games has ever won all 3

Funny, Detroit did it just last year:

1 2004-06-06 @LAL W 87-75 DET leads 1-0
2 2004-06-08 @LAL L 91-99 Tied 1-1
3 2004-06-10 @DET W 88-68 DET leads 2-1
4 2004-06-13 @DET W 88-80 DET leads 3-1
5 2004-06-15 @DET W 100-87 DET wins 4-1

carlc
June 20th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Spurs 42 @ Pistons 42 Halftime

great game so far!

bored2k
June 20th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Spurs 42 @ Pistons 42 Halftime

great game so far!
I'm actually about to leave the forums to go watch this game :O

carlc
June 20th, 2005, 05:24 AM
It was a great game. I am glad the spurs got this one. Robert Horry had a great second half and overtime play. I loved his left-handed dunk in OT. They also ran a great play having Horry inbound the ball and then set up for the 3 point shot to take the lead.

SamH
June 20th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Looks like game 5 might be a bit rough!

Too right, kleeman. It was a rough affair. And too close for my taste. I'm rooting for the Spurs, I didn't think they were going to make it for a bit there. They (Spurs and Pistons) had me holding my breath. What a close game!

SamH
June 20th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Hmm....Robert Horry made the difference for the Spurs tonight. Most of us are using Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog. Spelled different but pronounced the same. Is this a good sign for the Spurs?

Or maybe it's just the gin and tonic fuzzing my so called mind.

bored2k
June 20th, 2005, 06:04 AM
It was a great game. I am glad the spurs got this one. Robert Horry had a great second half and overtime play. I loved his left-handed dunk in OT. They also ran a great play having Horry inbound the ball and then set up for the 3 point shot to take the lead.
NBA.com has a funny blog on Horry.

bored2k
June 21st, 2005, 11:07 PM
I'm all for Spurs, but the way the played in Game 6, I take it we're having a Game 7. And If they pull another "Horry" tonight, his number needs to get retired for both the Lakers and the Spurs. That man was on fire.. left hand superman stance dunk in OT and all.

carlc
June 22nd, 2005, 03:42 AM
Pistons 46 @ Spurs 47 - Halftime - I just got home but it looks like another close one. I am for the Spurs but would also be happy if the Pistons win this one so it will go to game 7.

bored2k
June 22nd, 2005, 03:45 AM
Pistons 46 @ Spurs 47 - Halftime - I just got home but it looks like another close one. I am for the Spurs but would also be happy if the Pistons win this one so it will go to game 7.
I hear you :D

bored2k
June 22nd, 2005, 05:02 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20050621/DETSAS/boxscore.html

There you have it. Game 7.

The last two games have been so _adjective_ close I can't even think of a winner. I know this: Spurs are going to need double figures from other players other than Manu and Duncan.

Go Basketball :D

poofyhairguy
June 22nd, 2005, 06:26 AM
http://www.nba.com/games/20050621/DETSAS/boxscore.html

There you have it. Game 7.

The last two games have been so _adjective_ close I can't even think of a winner. I know this: Spurs are going to need double figures from other players other than Manu and Duncan.

Go Basketball :D

I just knew that the Pistons were going to win today. Seems like what is needed.

But if the Spurs loose the next game I will be shocked.

bored2k
June 22nd, 2005, 06:31 AM
I just knew that the Pistons were going to win today. Seems like what is needed.

But if the Spurs loose the next game I will be shocked.
If Duncan keeps missing free throws and he gets no aid other than Manu and Parker, Dirty D might just win. After all, they have Larry Brown, one of the greatest coach still on duty (the guy took the in-game selfish A.I. to a Finals for the love of the Twinkies..).

This might be another Generic People Year for MTV (anyone remember last years MTV special where they crowned non popular people as the most important of the year ? "The Finals MVP went to a guy named Chauncey..).

poofyhairguy
June 22nd, 2005, 06:39 AM
If Duncan keeps missing free throws and he gets no aid other than Manu and Parker, Dirty D might just win.

The NBA only asked for him to choke this game I believe. It makes for a more thrilling Win. Or maybe they want a back to back champion because they miss the old bulls. who can tell with those guys.

NOTE: I don't think that anything on TV with millions of dollars being gambled on it isn't rigged. "reality tv" and sports included.

NOTE: I'm only half joking.

kanem
June 22nd, 2005, 09:30 AM
The NBA only asked for him to choke this game I believe. It makes for a more thrilling Win. Or maybe they want a back to back champion because they miss the old bulls. who can tell with those guys.

NOTE: I don't think that anything on TV with millions of dollars being gambled on it isn't rigged. "reality tv" and sports included.

NOTE: I'm only half joking.
In the Laker's heyday, all of 3 years ago, I was quite the anti-fan. And some of those calls that were given to the Lakers... I was thoroughly convinced of a conspiracy.

I don't think I'd be too suprised if it came out that the refs were sometimes advised to be slightly in favour of the super-star teams.

bored2k
June 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM

I half believe you. Although it doesn't take much to beat up the crap out of oldtimer Tyson these days.. And I don't think Boston could have made the first 0-3 come back ever without some help from the big guns. Sorry boston fans (I'm a dominican and Like Papi Ortiz, but that was just wack).

kleeman
June 22nd, 2005, 12:55 PM
I'm sounding like a broken record ;-) Deeeeeeeeetroyt in 7.......

carlc
June 23rd, 2005, 02:23 AM
If Duncan keeps missing free throws and he gets no aid other than Manu and Parker, Dirty D might just win. After all, they have Larry Brown, one of the greatest coach still on duty (the guy took the in-game selfish A.I. to a Finals for the love of the Twinkies..).

This might be another Generic People Year for MTV (anyone remember last years MTV special where they crowned non popular people as the most important of the year ? "The Finals MVP went to a guy named Chauncey..).

Agree. Something is going to have to change with Duncan. He needs to hit his free throws and quit turning the ball over so much. He is not playing his usual style of ball.

There have been other series where I really suspected that a game or two was thrown in order to have the series go to the seventh game. A four game series just does not bring in the $$$ like a seven game series.

carlc
June 23rd, 2005, 10:15 PM
I hope that the Spurs win but right now my gut is telling me that the Pistons will win tonight. Either way, game 7 is going to be great but I would NOT bet on it!

skoal
June 23rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
I hope that the Spurs win but right now my gut is telling me that the Pistons will win tonight.
Nah, have faith brother. This is where Piston legs begin turning into rubber...

Have faith. Rasheed is probably my favorite player to watch in the NBA, but I think tonite he's gonna get used up and tossed away by San Antonio like an old piece of Charmin...

\\//_

kleeman
June 24th, 2005, 12:00 AM
I hope that the Spurs win but right now my gut is telling me that the Pistons will win tonight. Either way, game 7 is going to be great but I would NOT bet on it!

Nah DON'T have faith, the Pistons are rolling! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

bored2k
June 24th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Spurs :D
They surely had to work to earn it, but I'm glad they won. I'm also particularly happy because this win will help in the internationalization of the game (Spurs front men: virgin islands, french & argentina), so hopefully we'll see the number of NBA games playing in other countries grow.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/06/23/pistons.spurs.game7.ap/p1_duncan.jpg (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2005/06/23/pistons.spurs.game7.ap/index.html)

skoal
June 24th, 2005, 05:42 AM
muahahah...

rift...sealed!

booyah!

\\//_

poofyhairguy
June 24th, 2005, 05:46 AM
The NBA only asked for him to choke this game I believe. It makes for a more thrilling Win.

skoal
June 24th, 2005, 06:27 AM
[...]so hopefully we'll see the number of NBA games playing in other countries grow.
I hope so. Lets just hope it's more effective and entertaining than watching the NFL in Europe. I've seen more fans in attendance at high school water polo matches than that.

Detroit really is a fun team to watch, especially Rasheed. I couldn't stand the NBA, but loved college hoops. So, my hats off to the mo town monsters for making it entertaining for me to watch the NBA again. I'll pull for the Pistons next year, so long as they're not playing against San Antonio or Miami. Peace out, and much love Detroit...

\\//_

bored2k
June 24th, 2005, 06:34 AM
I hope so. Lets just hope it's more effective and entertaining than watching the NFL in Europe. I've seen more fans in attendance at high school water polo matches than that.

Detroit really is a fun team to watch, especially Rasheed. I couldn't stand the NBA, but loved college hoops. So, my hats off to the mo town monsters for making it entertaining for me to watch the NBA again. I'll pull for the Pistons next year, so long as they're not playing against San Antonio or Miami. Peace out, and much love Detroit...

\\//_
Next year I'll still be a Detroit + Spurs fan. At first I was a huge Miami fan because I thought Miami would swoop everyone off their feet, but I guess Dwayne is still too fresh to depend on him :/

kleeman
June 24th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Congrats to the Spurs! Worthy winners. Glad Motown put up a good fight!

carlc
June 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/Spurstrophy_360_050623.jpg

Go Spurs!

I agree with bored2k, hopefully this will increase the internationalization of the game. I think the game and the NBA NEEDS that. American basketball has a lot to learn from international play. Who knows, maybe the U.S. can win another gold in Olympic basketball. I am sure they will but their style of play will have to change.

bored2k
June 24th, 2005, 07:48 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/Spurstrophy_360_050623.jpg

Go Spurs!

I agree with bored2k, hopefully this will increase the internationalization of the game. I think the game and the NBA NEEDS that. American basketball has a lot to learn from international play. Who knows, maybe the U.S. can win another gold in Olympic basketball. I am sure they will but their style of play will have to change.
Indeed. I would personally think the Spurs or Detroit as a team have better chance at the Olympics, simply because they have chemistry and know what team work is. Ginobili proved it with his Argentina olympic medal, it's all about team work, not "Im superstarX who can score XXXpoints while my teammates pass me the ball", wich has been the problem with the U.S. team in the past years. European and good hispanic teams tend to rely on teamwork rather than simple stats by guyX.

There's no excuse other than this for not winning, the U.S. team should have owned the Olympics.

carlc
June 24th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Indeed. I would personally think the Spurs or Detroit as a team have better chance at the Olympics, simply because they have chemistry and know what team work is. Ginobili proved it with his Argentina olympic medal, it's all about team work, not "Im superstarX who can score XXXpoints while my teammates pass me the ball", wich has been the problem with the U.S. team in the past years. European and good hispanic teams tend to rely on teamwork rather than simple stats by guyX.

There's no excuse other than this for not winning, the U.S. team should have owned the Olympics.

True, teamwork, defense, and fundementals are all evident in international play. You need 5 players on the court to win games, not just 1 superstar and 4 role players. I play a lot of pick up b-ball games with guys who pass the ball and play defense and we can usually beat teams with better players because they don't do these things.