PDA

View Full Version : System requirements for Feisty

gunthermeyer
April 11th, 2007, 04:29 AM
I have just loaded 6.10 on my laptop computer and I see that an new version called Feisty is coming really sson. My question is what are the system requirements going to be for the new O.S. My current laptop has 256 megs of ram, 30 gig hdd and about 1 ghz. Is my system going to be able to run the system or shall I stay with 6.10. I do plan to upgrade my ram to 512 meg maybe a gig if my system will support it.Thanks for any input

Kujen
April 11th, 2007, 04:39 AM
A lot of times, new releases run better than previous releases on the same hardware.

You'll be fine.

jimrz
April 11th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I have just loaded 6.10 on my laptop computer and I see that an new version called Feisty is coming really sson. My question is what are the system requirements going to be for the new O.S. My current laptop has 256 megs of ram, 30 gig hdd and about 1 ghz. Is my system going to be able to run the system or shall I stay with 6.10. I do plan to upgrade my ram to 512 meg maybe a gig if my system will support it.Thanks for any input

that will handle it just fine. boosting your ram to 512+ would certainly make it snappier though.

i have edgy running on an old laptop with PIII 500Ghz / 384Mb ram just fine and it has not had any problem running the feisty "live" cd (though I have not yet installed feisty), either

FuturePilot
April 11th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Yeah, you should be fine. Although at least 512MB RAM would definitely help. If you want the desktop effects you might want to look into more RAM. But if you're not going to use that, you'll be fine.

~LoKe
April 11th, 2007, 04:54 AM
Most computers will run all releases of Ubuntu, hell, most linux flavors.

ubuntu27
April 11th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I have just loaded 6.10 on my laptop computer and I see that an new version called Feisty is coming really soon. My question is what are the system requirements going to be for the new O.S. My current laptop has 256 megs of ram, 30 gig hdd and about 1 ghz. Is my system going to be able to run the system or shall I stay with 6.10. I do plan to upgrade my ram to 512 meg maybe a gig if my system will support it.Thanks for any input

I also have 256 MB of RAM and running Ubuntu Feisty.
You should have no problem at all. :)

GO for it.

Hallvor
April 11th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Ubuntu Feisty will work without much problems, but it can feel a bit slow. I would recommend Xubuntu Feisty if you want a snappier system. It works *very* well on 256 mb ram. Ubuntu Feisty will be a lot happier with an extra 256 mb of ram, though, but it will work just fine.