PDA

View Full Version : 15% of our Visitors

siciliancasanova
April 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM
On our website, www.cultureloungeonline.com (http://www.cultureloungeonline.com) 15% of our visitors use linux, 15% use mac and 70% use windows. I think this is good considering microsoft owns 90 some percent of the market share for desktop pc's. Also, 80% of our visitors use Firefox and only 10% use Internet Explorer.

Edit: "58.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
- Unknown"

Steven Wright had a similar quote.

EdThaSlayer
April 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Its probably due to the fact that in order to get Linux, you need the internet. I for once would have never gotten Ubuntu if I didn't download it. :) Also the 'apt-get' library is mostly useless or outdated if you don't have the internet.

macogw
April 11th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Apt-get will never be outdated (okay, I'm counting Synaptic as it's just a frontend). I find myself wanting to figure out how to make a Synaptic-for-Windows that links to a server of Free Software for Windows. Synaptic just makes things so much easier than hunting around the web for the program.

Tux Aubrey
April 11th, 2007, 07:34 AM
15% is a great statistic! Linux is often quoted at 5% of all installs and that stops it being taken seriously (IMO). 15% sounds much more like a market worthy of attention - even if it only represents net surfers.

tansu
April 11th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Great rate!!!

My web site has a rate of 5% Linux users. But it is growing.

SishGupta
April 11th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Edit: "58.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
- Unknown"

92% of all statistics are incorrect...