PDA

View Full Version : Exchange of hospitality among Ubuntu (linux) users

suoko
April 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I have a spare room in my home in Florence (Italy) and I guess it would be a nice if ubuntu users would exchange their homes (or spare rooms/beds) with other ubuntu (linux) users.
In order to be accepted as a guest in my room you'll have to pass an Ubuntu exam :-)

A forum (or web site with photos, etc..) dedicated to this would be great!

I thought about this because I just returned from easter holiday an I'd like to be guest of some French user (Paris would be great) for next holiday starting from April 24th
Maybe there already a "project" like this.

Just ignore me if you think it's a stupid idea

hope you had nice holidays to you all!

click4851
April 9th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I think its a great idea, of course i'm biased my fathers family was originally from Toricella Peligna, up in the mountains East of Pescara. That was many years ago and I have never seen any part of Italy in person, I call Washington state in the NW corner of USA home. You must have been inspired by the movie thats out currently.

suoko
April 9th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I think its a great idea, of course i'm biased my fathers family was originally from Toricella Peligna, up in the mountains East of Pescara. That was many years ago and I have never seen any part of Italy in person, I call Washington state in the NW corner of USA home. You must have been inspired by the movie thats out currently.

Never seen a movie with a similar plot here in Italy. (usually U.S. movies arrives in Italy at least one year later than U.S. premières)
Just heard about similar stories from the Web.

jeffc313
April 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM
seems like a good idea, but very creepy.

mips
April 10th, 2007, 12:19 AM
seems like a good idea, but very creepy.

Whats so creepy about it ?

RChickenMan
April 10th, 2007, 12:29 AM
http://www.couchsurfing.com/

IYY
April 10th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Couchsurfing is cool. :)