PDA

View Full Version : Exchange of hospitality among Ubuntu (linux) users

suoko
April 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hi,

I have a spare room in my home in Florence (Italy) and I guess it would be a nice if ubuntu users would exchange their homes (or spare rooms/beds) with other ubuntu (linux) users.
In order to be accepted as a guest in my room you'll have to pass an Ubuntu exam :-)

A forum (or web site with photos, etc..) dedicated to this would be great!

I thought about this because I just returned from easter holiday an I'd like to be guest of some French user (Paris would be great) for next holiday starting from April 24th
Maybe there already a "project" like this.

Just ignore me if you think it's a stupid idea

hope you had nice holidays to you all!

click4851
April 9th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I think its a great idea, of course i'm biased my fathers family was originally from Toricella Peligna, up in the mountains East of Pescara. That was many years ago and I have never seen any part of Italy in person, I call Washington state in the NW corner of USA home. You must have been inspired by the movie thats out currently.

suoko
April 9th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I think its a great idea, of course i'm biased my fathers family was originally from Toricella Peligna, up in the mountains East of Pescara. That was many years ago and I have never seen any part of Italy in person, I call Washington state in the NW corner of USA home. You must have been inspired by the movie thats out currently.

Never seen a movie with a similar plot here in Italy. (usually U.S. movies arrives in Italy at least one year later than U.S. premières)
Just heard about similar stories from the Web.

%hMa@?b<C
April 9th, 2007, 11:09 PM
seems like a good idea, but very creepy.

mips
April 10th, 2007, 12:19 AM
seems like a good idea, but very creepy.

Whats so creepy about it ?

RChickenMan
April 10th, 2007, 12:29 AM
http://www.couchsurfing.com/

IYY
April 10th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Couchsurfing is cool. :)