PDA

View Full Version : Testers needed for Xubuntu 7.04 Release candidate

j1mc
April 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM
With the Feisty Fawn release candidate just days away (Thursday!) we're still in need of testers to report Xubuntu test installation results. Please see the text below, and send your test availability to xubuntu.iso@gmail.com.

Without your testing, and the reporting of your testing, we cannot release the release candidate for Xubuntu. I know that testing takes time and effort, but it is both needed and appreciate - both by the developers, and the end users.

And, um . . . . it's appreciated by me. : -)

Thank you!

Jim

-------------
== ISO TEST CASES ==
In the past months, we've asked for testers to test Xubuntu nightly releases, and to report their test results. Simple enough. While this has been successful in terms of getting the community interested and involved, we thought we could do more to (1) make it easier for testers to know what to test, and (2) ensure adequate coverage for the different kinds of tests.

With that in mind, I've put up a page that lists the specific kind of tests that you can sign up for. I'm requesting that testers sign up for one primary test, and a secondary test. If you'd like, you can sign up for more than one secondary test, but this is not required. This approach should help you to know what you need to do, and will also help us to make sure that Xubuntu is tested very thoroughly.

The wiki page is located here (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Community/Xubuntu), but to sign yourself up for a specific test, I'm asking that people email me at xubuntu.iso@gmail.com with their testing requests (see the wiki page for a bit more detail). I will then write back to you, and confirm your testing assignment(s). I'm doing it this way so that we don't get 20 people signed up to test manual partitioning on an i386 Live CD, and no one signed up to test an AMD64 install. If you can't perform the test that you get assigned, please just let me know, and we'll figure something out.

j1mc
April 10th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Cool! We've added two more testers. /me is happy. We just need a few more. Please check out the wiki page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Community/Xubuntu), and email me at xubuntu.iso@gmail.com with your testing requests.

Thanks again!

Jim