PDA

View Full Version : Sharing gDesklets themes

albop
November 11th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Hello,

I was wondering how other Ubuntians use gDesklets to customize their Desktop.
It would be quite easy to share those artworks.
To begin, I give a screenshot of my Desktop and an archive containing the Display of my starterbar. Anyone interested can just decompress it and open starterbar.display with gDesklets (can be addes to contextual menu)
I'm sure real artists and real developpers would be able to make really nice Desklets.

Best regards

Rancoras
November 11th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Why not use the current desktop thread, and explain it there? Instead of attaching the gdesklet, how about a pointer to where to download it? Mod, please lock this thread to keep things tidy.

HiddenWolf
November 11th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Because that thread has a lot of screenshots, and focusses on the best-looking screenie.

This one gives the option to download that .display file and get as good a desktop as the TopicStarter.

I think it is usefull. I've tried messing with gdesklets, but to no avail.

BLTicklemonster
March 25th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Unbelievable that someone would come in and say that. I'm exploring the world of gdesklets themes, and came here looking for answers, only to see that someone has... I'm not going to say it, never mind. It just burns me up when people do that "mod, close this, blah blah blah" garbage on a decent thread.

So. How do I put new themes in? I want a curved background instead of the rectangular one.

A googling I shall go.

720iD
June 5th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I'm exploring the world of gdesklets themes, and came here looking for answers, only to see that someone has... I'm not going to say it, never mind.

the wonderous adventure of googling for knowldege.

mobile123
July 6th, 2009, 05:54 PM
yes i also think he is right.

pes123
September 26th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Unbelievable that someone would come in and say that. I'm exploring the world of gdesklets themes, and came here looking for answers, only to see that someone has... I'm not going to say it, never mind. It just burns me up when people do that "mod, close this, blah blah blah" garbage on a decent thread.

So. How do I put new themes in? I want a curved background instead of the rectangular one.

A googling I shall go.

absolutely right:popcorn:

Giant Speck
September 26th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Old thread is old.

dark_religion
November 13th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Read this article:

howtoforge.com/how-to-install-and-use-gdesklets-on-ubuntu8.04

nofuture
April 15th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Your desktop doesn't look very good :) sorry, but it is just my opinion :)

jiterz1
December 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM
on fedora core 2 test 2 I've this error:

# gdesklets /home/fullo/psi-small/info.display
/usr/share/gdesklets/desktop/GlassWindow.py:3: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module _ewmh: This Python has API version 1012, module _ewmh has version 1011.
from utils import _ewmh as ewmh
gDesklets 0.26.1
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004 Martin Grimme, Christian Meyer, Jesse Andrews

This software is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL.

I cannot compile from the source because I cannot find the file libgconf-2.la (with the latest GConf2 is given only libgconf-2.a)

any suggestion?