PDA

View Full Version : could I setup my Xbox 360 w/ Xlink Kai so that I could play online?

billdotson
April 9th, 2007, 04:50 AM
I used to pay for Xbox Live.. but honestly I think it is ridiculous to have to pay to play online if you purchased the game already. I have heard of x-link kai and that it is a very popular freeware tunneling program that allows you to play online w/ other people by making it think the systems are hooked up via system link. From what I hear it is very popular and it is what all those people play Halo 1 online w/ the Xbox use it.. or either use a similar program. I was wondering if I could setup my Xbox360 with x-link kia or a similar program.. whatever one has the most users to play Xbox360 games online.

Would this be possible? Would it create any holes in my internet security?

LookTJ
April 9th, 2007, 04:58 AM
You'll have to have Windows. and a laptop with a wireless connection to your router and a ethernet cord laptop to your X360.

LookTJ
April 9th, 2007, 04:58 AM
I don't know about any holes.

billdotson
April 9th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Couldn't I just plug the ethernet cord coming from the Xbox 360 directly into the unused ethernet port on my computer? The other ethernet port is used to connect to the internet.

BTW why did you say a laptop? What does a laptop do different than a desktop does in regards to Xlink Kai?

on the site it says there is a Linux and an OS X client

LookTJ
April 9th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Couldn't I just plug the ethernet cord coming from the Xbox 360 directly into the unused ethernet port on my computer? The other ethernet port is used to connect to the internet.

BTW why did you say a laptop? What does a laptop do different than a desktop does in regards to Xlink Kai?

on the site it says there is a Linux and an OS X client
sure that would probably work.

LookTJ
April 9th, 2007, 06:20 AM
I suggested a laptop because I don't know how far the desktop computer is from the xbox(i know mine is)

billdotson
April 9th, 2007, 06:27 AM
my xbox is right next to my PC. I have a question though.. why does it seem that there is NOBODY online?? I see only 400 users total and 200 are in Xbox (not 360) and the others are in PSP. Actually nvm.. PSP has 1120 users!