PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Else Noticed.....

jdhore
April 9th, 2007, 03:24 AM
Has anyone else noticed that this was a HUGE weekend for OSS/Linux news what with Gaim being rennamed to Pidgin and Debian Etch being released...it makes me think if there's something strange going on...i dunno...has anyone else noticed this or am i completely crazy?

picpak
April 9th, 2007, 03:27 AM
My birthday's coming up, that's why :mrgreen:

maniacmusician
April 9th, 2007, 03:30 AM
It's really because I have a couple of huge assignments that are due and that I'm probably not going to finish. What's happening is that the world is compensating for that by making good things happen.

In all seriousness, just a coincidence. Feisty is going to be released soon too.

zanglang
April 9th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Yes, all is going to pl... Er. No, it's all coincidence. You're imagining things. Really. ;)

RAV TUX
April 9th, 2007, 04:18 AM
Has anyone else noticed that this was a HUGE weekend for OSS/Linux news what with Gaim being rennamed to Pidgin and Debian Etch being released...it makes me think if there's something strange going on...i dunno...has anyone else noticed this or am i completely crazy?I didn't notice....

OT: JD are you coming for the next NU Ubuntu Team UUG meet up?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=325971

Dual Cortex
April 9th, 2007, 04:19 AM
School starts tomorrow #-o.

vicox
April 9th, 2007, 04:43 AM
My birthday's coming up, that's why :mrgreen:

Mine too\\:D/

WiseElben
April 9th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Has anyone else noticed that this was a HUGE weekend for OSS/Linux news what with Gaim being rennamed to Pidgin and Debian Etch being released...it makes me think if there's something strange going on...i dunno...has anyone else noticed this or am i completely crazy?

I see it too! There is something going on in the deep fires of the open source worlds. Feisty is coming out soon too! Hum, that makes things more interesting. Debian released their latest version a few weeks ahead of Feisty. Why? Hum...

Just kidding. I don't see anything at all.

Or do I... Reverse-reverse psychology confuses me and you.

raublekick
April 9th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Mine too\\:D/

mine three! actually, it's been my birthday for 28 minutes now.

april is always a big month for the linux crowd, and i like having my birthday in april.

tbroderick
April 9th, 2007, 06:01 AM

Lawsuits and progress. :)

LookTJ
April 9th, 2007, 06:21 AM
My birthday's coming up, that's why :mrgreen:so is mine! :)

mikerduffy
April 9th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Also, Mepis 6.5 is out, and Linux Fund announced that they don't have a credit card anymore.

EdThaSlayer
April 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
There is quite a lot of stuff going on I have to agree. This makes being on the internet even more exciting since there is more news to read.