PDA

View Full Version : Xubuntu Shipit petition

wfox
April 8th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Please Canonical, we need the shipit service for xubuntu feisty dawn, many people like me have old computers and my connection is bad (not only me, almost all latin american).

Sorry for my english.

Takmadeus
April 8th, 2007, 12:35 AM
quite true... in latin america broadband is too expensive (at least it is here in Colombia).... but there is no xubuntu in shipit because of the lack of funding... you could donate some so one day your wish comes true ;)

wfox
April 8th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I'm from Colombia too:) , we have the same problem, the broadband is expensive. About donate, I'm gonna try it.

wfox
April 8th, 2007, 08:13 PM
This is truth or ********?

http://ubuntuos.com/?p=358

Shipit will send xubuntu?

malcolmb
April 8th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I would love to see that happen, but after reading that post it looks like it'll be just Ubuntu and Kubuntu again.

If a lot of people in South America have slow connections I recommend that they can just download Xfce seperately at 25megs and install that ontop of Ubuntu.

It might be more difficult to do but 25 megs is a lot less than 550megs.

Malcolm

wfox
April 8th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'm not the best in english, but the link i put in the last post says that shipit will send xubuntu CDs (Feisty dawn) and that this (http://shipit.xubuntu.com/) is the evidence. (he says: they wouldn’t have that setup like that if they wern’t prepared to ship out xubuntu cds!).

daradib
April 12th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Personally, I don't need Xubuntu discs because I can download them. However, I understand why someone would need Xubuntu discs. Many people who use Ubuntu have slow computers and slow Internet connections (not all, however, as I have Xubuntu on both slow and fast computers with fast Internet connections)

I know Canonical could get money for this by letting people reimburse Canonical for the cost of a CD and shipping. Canonical could say that it costs them x amount to make and ship (approximate) a CD and then people could donate a certain amount of money and see how many CD's they reimbursed Canonical for.

Dual Cortex
April 12th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Que tal, paisanos!
(...hi, friends!)

sushii.
April 12th, 2007, 02:19 AM
grrr i <3 xubuntu and would really love to see shipit. =(

xtrm_redbull
May 22nd, 2007, 04:07 AM
I'd also like Xubuntu to be included in shipit in the next release 7.10.