PDA

View Full Version : Vuze

plb
April 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Not sure if this is old news or not but...

http://www.vuze.com/

sard
April 7th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I found this today and it looks very slick on Windows. Can't find out how to run it on Linux though :(

miltiad
April 20th, 2007, 01:25 AM
I can use the Vuze interface by following the instructions on the wiki but I can't get a video to download with this interface.

But at least azureus works with this web site.

PartisanEntity
April 25th, 2007, 07:13 PM
So Vuze will only contain legitimate or authorised content?

karellen
April 25th, 2007, 07:36 PM
I found this today and it looks very slick on Windows. Can't find out how to run it on Linux though :(

I'm running it perfectly in ubuntu, with firefox and opera. you only need flash player and a torrent manager. I usually download de .torrent file of the video than open it with ktorrent and that's in. I obtain de hd video.
I've found some really interesting videos (ww2 footages, awesome :D)...

PartisanEntity
April 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM
How exactly does it work, or what is the idea behind Vuze? I didn't get it :)

Is IT just another torrent downloader?

karellen
April 25th, 2007, 08:38 PM
How exactly does it work, or what is the idea behind Vuze? I didn't get it :)

Is IT just another torrent downloader?

it provides high definition videos. download one, watch it and you'll understand

miltiad
April 26th, 2007, 12:48 AM
I'm running it perfectly in ubuntu, with firefox and opera. you only need flash player and a torrent manager. I usually download de .torrent file of the video than open it with ktorrent and that's in. I obtain de hd video.
I've found some really interesting videos (ww2 footages, awesome :D)...

Ok but how do you download the .torrent ? It keeps saying install/start Azureus manually when I click on download.

maniacmusician
April 26th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Ok but how do you download the .torrent ? It keeps saying install/start Azureus manually when I click on download.
I think if you just have azureus running while browsing the site, and if you click on a video, it starts downloading it. Not sure though, I haven't used it since it was called "Zudeo", which was a couple of months ago

Zerocool10482
June 2nd, 2007, 12:58 PM
I just installed the new Azureus. It was eazy just read the notes inside. RTFM.

miltiad
June 2nd, 2007, 05:46 PM
I just installed the new Azureus. It was eazy just read the notes inside. RTFM.

We were talking about installing Vuze.

maniacmusician
June 2nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Vuze is the same thing as Azureus 3.0 I believe. Zerocool, how did you do it? What notes are you talking about?

fktt
June 8th, 2007, 12:26 AM
"Vuze" makes use of azureus & torrent protocol but they are not the very same app, vuze just is based on azureus 'ats all :)

Polygon
June 8th, 2007, 01:26 AM
I know that azureus 3.0 is called something different, and only has a windows version at the moment. And i also know that its integrated with the azureus website or something for downloading content

is this basically the same thing, only its not restricted to azureus?

and is this thing legal, as in are the tv shows and whatnot on there like independent? they look like it to me, just want to make sure :D

maniacmusician
June 8th, 2007, 01:35 AM
I know that azureus 3.0 is called something different, and only has a windows version at the moment. And i also know that its integrated with the azureus website or something for downloading content

is this basically the same thing, only its not restricted to azureus?

and is this thing legal, as in are the tv shows and whatnot on there like independent? they look like it to me, just want to make sure :D
this IS azureus.

Polygon
June 8th, 2007, 01:42 AM
ah. they changed the website around, last time they still had the azureus logo on the website... so yeah that answers my question :D

maniacmusician
June 8th, 2007, 03:08 AM
ah. they changed the website around, last time they still had the azureus logo on the website... so yeah that answers my question :D
yup. It used to be called Zudeo. But someone on the last page said that they got the Azureus 3.0 Jar to run on Linux....I haven't been able to do that.

hyperair
June 10th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Well isn't this interesting?
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Communications/Filesharing/Azureus-26089.shtml

Looks like there is a Vuze for linux.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was fooled. Screenshots show that it's the old version.

iomegaz
June 11th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Pour installer Vuze, veuillez tout d'abord télécharger le fichier suivant :
For installing Vuze, download this file:

http://www.divshare.com/download/915120-816

Il faut extraire le fichier:
Extract File:

tar xvzf Vuze.bin.tar.gz

Puis xecutez-le grace à la commande suivante :
Execute with this command :

./vuze.bin

(Ou alors double cliquer dessus)
Or Double Clic

Suivez les instructions !!
Follow instructions

Bon séjour avec Vuze Powered By Azureus 3.0
Bye and good week with Azureus 3

;)

jarocooke
July 29th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Pour installer Vuze, veuillez tout d'abord télécharger le fichier suivant :
For installing Vuze, download this file:

http://www.divshare.com/download/915120-816

Il faut extraire le fichier:
Extract File:

tar xvzf Vuze.bin.tar.gz

Puis xecutez-le grace à la commande suivante :
Execute with this command :

./vuze.bin

(Ou alors double cliquer dessus)
Or Double Clic

Suivez les instructions !!
Follow instructions

Bon séjour avec Vuze Powered By Azureus 3.0
Bye and good week with Azureus 3

;)

For anyone that doesn't speak French, what the above is basically saying is that you can install and use Vuze with Linux no problems (well no more problems than you might have with Azureus anyway).

http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/Vuze-Download-27980.html

Just go to the web page linked above, download the Linux Vuze tarball, extract it and double click on the Vuze.bin file (run it in a terminal). Then all you have to do is follow the on screen instructions and your done.

hyperair
July 29th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Last I checked, Softpedia had a Azureus 2.5.0.4 tarball which they called Vuze. Probably due to the confusion generated by www.vuze.com.. When you go there from a Linux system, they have a link there to download Vuze, but in reality it's just the same old Azureus 2.5.0.4.

EDIT: You gotta be kidding me... the screenshots show Vuze in Linux this time? Oo

Medivh8076
August 4th, 2007, 12:22 AM
It is entirely possible to run Azureus with the Vuze interface on Linux, check out http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Azureus_2_and_Vuze#Can_I_run_the_Vuze_interface_on _linux.3F for more info, but this is how I've managed it:

Step 1:
Get yourself a working install of Azureus 2.x on Linux, I got mine through the Kubuntu repositories, you will also need a Gecko app installed for example Mozilla Firefox.

Step 2. Download Azureus3.0.1.6.jar from http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=azureus&filename=Azureus3.0.1.6.jar&use_mirror=puzzle

Step 3. Download Eclipse SWT 3.3 from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3-200706251500/index.php#SWT

choosing the right package for your setup for me that was X86/GTK.

Step 4. Extract the SWT archive and get the swt.jar file.

Step 5. Find out where your Azureus2.jar is, mine happened to be in /home/<my username>/Azureus/

Step 6. Copy the Azureus3.0.1.6.jar and the swt.jar files to the same directory as your Azureus2.jar

Step 7. As root, either edit the /usr/bin/azureus script or create a new one using the template script that's in the Azureus2 wiki.

Step 7a. Remember you need to add in the full path to your java bin directory eg. /usr/share/java/jre1.6.0_02/bin/

Step 7b. Uncomment the PROGRAM_DIR line (remove the starting #) and edit it so that it provides the location of your Azureus3.0.1.6.jar, eg. /home/myname/Azureus/

Step 8. Find and replace all instances of Azureus2.jar in the script with Azureus3.0.1.6.jar.

Save and run the script, hopefully it will load you the Azureus Vuze interface, which looks a little like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Medivh8076/Vuze.jpg

as you can see the tab labels are the wrong colour, I haven't experimented to find out why yet, but the rest of it pretty much works.

Medivh

EDIT: I've worked out why the colours were messed up, it was because I'm running Azureus on Kubuntu 7.04 which means I'm using KDE and the QT libs for widgets.

Why is this a problem you ask? Well because SWT (in my case) binds to the GTK libraries to draw widgets.

What I did to solve the colour problem: in the GTK Styles and Fonts section in System Settings -> Appearance and Themes, I changed the option from "Use my KDE style in GTK applications" to "Use another Style" then I chose a GTK theme that looked the closest to my KDE theme (Clearlooks for GTK is passable as Plastik for QT) and presto, it now gives me the correct colours for my labels :)

Skerit
August 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Why can't we upload content? I keep selecting a file but there's no 'upload' button anywhere, this is strange! I'm also not seeing the same "publish" tab as in the manual ..

Polygon
August 25th, 2007, 05:45 PM
you might have to reinstall from scratch. I know when i upgraded from 2.0.0.4 to 3.0.0.2 it screwed things up and wouldent even start

and you have to register an account to upload stuff as well

hyperair
August 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I'm all for ditching Vuze, to tell you the truth. My ISP (Malaysia - TMNet Streamyx, aka TMNut Screamyx) throttles BT traffic. So KTorrent's the best for me. Of course, Deluge can achieve similar speeds, but it takes longer to spin up.

Polygon
August 25th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm all for ditching Vuze, to tell you the truth. My ISP (Malaysia - TMNet Streamyx, aka TMNut Screamyx) throttles BT traffic. So KTorrent's the best for me. Of course, Deluge can achieve similar speeds, but it takes longer to spin up.

deluge is superfast for me, loads almost instantly and starts seeding immediately as well.... if deluge is semi slow for you i cant even imagine how fast your ktorrent is lol

meho_r
August 25th, 2007, 09:00 PM
This seems to work well:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=144546