PDA

View Full Version : Things people have said in their sleep?

TravisNewman
April 7th, 2007, 02:48 AM
What's the most interesting/strange/funny thing you've ever heard someone say in their sleep?

Last night, about 3AM, I woke up to the sound of my wife laughing. I thought "well, she's having a funny dream" but it kept going for like 20 seconds. So I asked, "what's funny?"

Mrs. Thumb: I have to show you this video. It's a video of my thesis*
(pause)
No, it's not my thesis, but it's related to my thesis.
(pause)
No, it's someone else's thesis.

Me: Really?

Mrs. Thumb: Yeah, this guy's really funny! He has a banana and cheetos.

Me: Ok. I need to go to the bathroom.

I came back from the bathroom and got in bed.

Mrs. Thumb: I think I may have made up the thing about that video. I'm not sure it's real. Are you mad at me?

Me: No, I'm not mad.

Mrs. Thumb (sounding very, very upset): Are you sure? I don't want you to be mad at me.**

Me: I'm sure.

That was the whole exchange. Today she remembers something about the guy with a banana and cheetos and feeling really bad that she upset me but that's about it.

What kind of strange things have you heard people say in their sleep?

* She's been working on her thesis for a while now, and she's just finished it up. So it's dominating her thoughts, understandably.
** Mrs. Thumb would like me to add that I very rarely get mad at her, which makes her thinking that I would be so upset with her even more strange.

yabbadabbadont
April 7th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Personally, I've never heard anyone say anything nearly as funny as that in their sleep. However, when I was younger, I once sleepwalked outside in a snowstorm and took a leak on a tree. Talk about being disoriented when you wake up... (and very, very cold) :lol:

Fortunately, that was the last time I ever sleepwalked. (as far as I know of at least)

TravisNewman
April 7th, 2007, 03:20 AM
She used to work at Office Max, and one night she woke me up looking for the scanner gun thing because she couldn't ring people up without it. She was crawling over me looking in the nightstand for it.

There are so many more things that I can't remember now. I'll be sure to post them if they come to mind.

She's said she doesn't mind me telling you all this stuff, so I'm glad I can share it with the world :)

fuscia
April 7th, 2007, 05:02 AM
i once woke up wearing a golf glove. i have no idea how it got there.

FuturePilot
April 7th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Once I was sleepwalking. For some reason I though I had left my homework by the computer. So I got out of bed and when I couldn't find it I started yelling at everyone. Then I went back to bed. I do remember that but it was all very vague and blurry.

Lucifiel
April 7th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Gods, don't laugh... this wasn't something that I said while sleeping but rather, something I did while sleeping. :D

Once, I woke up to find myself in a really strange position:

My upper body was lying on the floor, while my right leg was on the bed and my left leg was on the wardrobe table(dressing table). Meanwhile, the fan had fallen off the stool and my left arm was wrapped around it. I woke up to find myself staring right at the fan and found myself completely entangled in a blanket and pillow. It took me about 30 minutes to wriggle myself out of that mess.

And thank god my face wasn't too close to the rotating blades of the fan or who knows what might've happened!

RAV TUX
April 7th, 2007, 10:29 AM
What's the most interesting/strange/funny thing you've ever heard someone say in their sleep?

Last night, about 3AM, I woke up to the sound of my wife laughing. I thought "well, she's having a funny dream" but it kept going for like 20 seconds. So I asked, "what's funny?"

Mrs. Thumb: I have to show you this video. It's a video of my thesis*
(pause)
No, it's not my thesis, but it's related to my thesis.
(pause)
No, it's someone else's thesis.

Me: Really?

Mrs. Thumb: Yeah, this guy's really funny! He has a banana and cheetos.

Me: Ok. I need to go to the bathroom.

I came back from the bathroom and got in bed.

Mrs. Thumb: I think I may have made up the thing about that video. I'm not sure it's real. Are you mad at me?

Me: No, I'm not mad.

Mrs. Thumb (sounding very, very upset): Are you sure? I don't want you to be mad at me.**

Me: I'm sure.

That was the whole exchange. Today she remembers something about the guy with a banana and cheetos and feeling really bad that she upset me but that's about it.

What kind of strange things have you heard people say in their sleep?

* She's been working on her thesis for a while now, and she's just finished it up. So it's dominating her thoughts, understandably.
** Mrs. Thumb would like me to add that I very rarely get mad at her, which makes her thinking that I would be so upset with her even more strange.very, very funny story....

I give it 2 thumbs up,....I would give it more but I only have 2 thumbs

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/google_emoticons/emoti_479.gif

matthew
April 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I had a roommate in college (nearly 20 years ago...man, I suddenly feel old) that used to sleepwalk. It happened more frequently when he was stressed.

One night, before a big test, he tried to go to bed early. There were four of us living together at the time and we decided to put all the beds in one room to give us more space for other stuff. Anyway, eventually we all went to sleep that night, only to be awakened by this roommate standing in the middle of the room yelling.

"What time is it? What time is it! WHAT TIME IS IT!!!"

Then, he went to every alarm clock in the room...there were four, remember? He wasn't wearing his glasses, so he had to get very close to see the time. After looking at each clock he stood in the middle of the room again to yell.

"It's three a.m. It's three a.m.! IT'S THREE A.M.!!!!"

All of us were awake and frustrated. I finally said, "<name>, shut up and get back in bed!" Astoundingly, he did. He also had no recollection of the event the next day.

bobbybobington
April 7th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I remember sleep walking and taking a leak in the trashcan instead of the toilet once.

Punker
April 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
me and my older brother used to share a room many many years ago
he used to talk in his sleep I used to ask him questions LOL he would answer

ice60
April 7th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I remember sleep walking and taking a leak in the trashcan instead of the toilet once.

i've done that too lol, although i don't remember it and it was the bin in the downstairs kitchen :| i only noticed when i went to empty the bin :lolflag:

qpieus
April 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Too funny. I did this also. I was about 10 years old or so and I walked into my parents room in the middle of the night, took the lid off the wicker trashcan, peed in it, put the lid back on. My parents asked me "what are you doing?" and I apparently said "going to the bathroom". Parents just don't know anything....

Big Dave
April 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I'd be arrested in some Middle Eastern countries for replying to this thread.

nalmeth
June 23rd, 2007, 03:18 AM
When I was living at home, my parents told me I came into their room one night, and asked if they had seen my wallet, because I needed to buy a glass of water.

I've done other strange things in my sleep, one night I took my garbage can to my bathroom, and brought the one from the bathroom back to my room.

I don't get the thought behind these things, but there you go.

I often do the work associated things in the dark in bed, but I tend to think heavily about the next morning while I'm going to sleep, so that makes sense.

Motoxrdude
June 23rd, 2007, 03:24 AM
I spent the night at my cousins house one night and in the morning it appeared as if my cousin had wet the bed. She was really confused as to why the pee was by her chest and not her waist. Turns out her younger brother sleep walked into her room and took a leak on her bed.

You should have seen the look on her face when she came to realize that she had been sleeping in someone else's ****!

gnomeuser
June 23rd, 2007, 03:29 AM
My mother used to sing Beatles classics in her sleep. It was hilarious, the funny observation was that she was remarkedly more on key in her sleep than she has ever been while awake.

steven8
June 23rd, 2007, 03:41 AM
My mother heard a noise in my room one night when I was about 7 or 8. She opened the door to check on me and hit me with it. I had gone over and laid down behind the door. She put me back in bed, and I do not remember it at all. She just told me this had happened.