PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

Cloudy
April 5th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Out of curiousity, have any of you worked as a telephone sales rep before? I'm starting as one next week and would like to know what others' experiences have been.

teaker1s
April 6th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Try it and see, It's a dog eat dog business

Scarlett
April 6th, 2007, 07:53 AM
I found this forum waaaaaayyyyy back when I used to be in customer service...

Read though some of their tales, maybe ask them about their jobs. It's a very honest look about the things that may make you run away screaming or could inspire some great stories to share.
http://www.customerssuck.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29

(that board is specific to computer related stuff.. there's plenty of other sucky retail customer things on the other boards.)

adam.tropics
April 6th, 2007, 09:05 AM
It's ok as long as you are one of the lucky few, who at 5pm can leave work at the office, and switch off from it. It can be cut throat since not only do you tend to be in competition with other businesses, but as a sales person, you are in direct competition with your fellow sales people.....and they will use that in setting their targets!

Spr0k3t
April 6th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Just think... 80hrs a week or more for that meager quarterly $150 bonus and free lunch with the boss. It's a cut throat business. Find your enemies and know their weakenesses. Build your time with your customers and set your goal for follow ups regarding sales satisfaction. Use your enemies as tools to get things done. Don't be the one who rides on the curtails, instead make the difference and climb on the heads of others. Also, know your key hours for flux time.

adam.tropics
April 6th, 2007, 09:17 AM
... It's a cut throat business. Find your enemies and know their weakenesses. ...Use your enemies as tools to get things done. Don't be the one who rides on the curtails, instead make the difference and climb on the heads of others.....

Lol, that's pretty much the same advice I was gonna give on another thread somewhere here to the guy who wants to learn chess!!