PDA

View Full Version : nerolinux, version of nero for linux

sdowney717
April 5th, 2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.nero.com/eng/nerolinux-prog.php?pak=13

interesting to see windows developer writing for linux now.

Linux desktop getting harder to ignore as it siphons off users from windows.

aysiu
April 5th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Hasn't Nero Linux been around for a while now?

sdowney717
April 5th, 2007, 04:22 PM
I have not been around linux for very long.
But so far I like how well it works. I tried linux about 3 years ago with mandrake and it just did not work for me as well as windows. But now, for me, linux is working as good as windows and is good enough to use everyday as a desktop.

I like to see developers start putting out linux products even if they cost money. It just makes it easier and better for everyone as more people recognize the linux revolution underway..

MetalMusicAddict
April 5th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Ive loved Nero on windows and would pay for it on linux but it really just doesnt compare to their Windows version nor the current set of linux burning apps. ie: Brasero, GnomeBaker and K3B.

prizrak
April 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Nerolinux has been around for at least 3 years. Don't confuse Nerolinux with Nero though. Nerolinux is nothing but a CD burning app, Nero on Windows is a suit of applications that include video and audio editing and capture as well as label creation and a virtual drive to mount disk images onto. There are other programs as well that I don't remember. For the most part K3B and GnomeBaker will do everything Nerolinux does.

%hMa@?b<C
April 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
K3B>NeroLinux, nero linux is just a gui for the command line tools. K3B is more intuitive (and is also just a GUI)

Engnome
April 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM
This was on digg a while ago: http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/New_Nero_Linux_client_almost_done
the poster claim a version on par with the windows version is coming but if you follow the link all they really say is "...as well as an improved graphical user interface (GUI) that is similar to the look and feel of the current Nero Burning ROM 7 edition."