PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Marketing Idea...

Puppy fam
April 5th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Hey, thought I'd share a Ubuntu marketing theme idea that I ran across. I saw this picture (http://art.ubuntu.com/main.php?g2_itemId=495) on the Ubuntu art site and it placed an idea in my head.

In keeping with the "freedom" theme from the above link, I added on "from your pc." Could this be a marketing theme?

I mean, don't you think a lot of people feel like they are subject to their computer's wishes vs. the other way around? Virus scans, crashes, software upgrades (and the money involved in upgrading)...

Anywho, let me know what you think. I don't know, maybe I'll make up a MySpace page with this theme to promote *Ubuntu. If you want to steal the idea (not that I think it's worth stealing) go ahead. (Attached is my version of the "freedom" wallpaper).

Oh, BTW, I don't mind negative feedback. If you think the idea is stupid, let me know... I don't want to end up doing something with the idea and looking like an idiot. :-D

EdThaSlayer
April 5th, 2007, 04:58 AM
You could add something to it that states that it is some linux distro. Many people would be confused about this, or you could add the url of the ubuntu site. :) Apart from that, nice calm background.

Puppy fam
April 5th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Ooops... I thought I had attached my version. I think I got it this time. :-D