PDA

View Full Version : Funny Windows Error

Ciego
April 4th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I am at work right now and must use Windows ... here is what it decided to tell me today.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ciego8/FunnyWindowsErrors/photo#5049640915616690402

It's funny that the best way Windows can think of to protect my computer is to close explorer.

bastiegast
April 4th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Haha, very funny.

On the other hand Ubuntu has given me some weird errors too. A few days ago I got this very informative error message out of nothing:

Couldn't start application,
Not startable.

It was in dutch I think this is the way to say it in English.

prizrak
April 5th, 2007, 12:19 AM
That's nothing, I actually had an error message before that said "No error has occured".

macogw
April 5th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Doesn't either photoshop or the gimp have an error message on windows that says "Error: Success!" ??

dbbolton
April 5th, 2007, 03:13 AM
I am at work right now and must use Windows ... here is what it decided to tell me today.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Ciego8/FunnyWindowsErrors/photo#5049640915616690402

It's funny that the best way Windows can think of to protect my computer is to close explorer.
they're getting smarter.

Polygon
April 5th, 2007, 03:38 AM
lol, thats just a bug with some random windows component, explorer got closed cause it tried to access or change something in memory that was being used by the windows kernel (i think) and to prevent malicious programs messing with it, windows automatically closes any program that tries to do that... i guess they forgot to make an exception with explorer.exe =P

EdThaSlayer
April 5th, 2007, 04:53 AM
I have never seen an error like that. Back when I used Windows I did get all of these useless error messages all the time.

FuturePilot
April 5th, 2007, 05:01 AM
It's funny how those Windows error messages are cryptic and don't make any sense most of the time.

DoctorMO
April 5th, 2007, 06:31 AM
It's funny how those Windows error messages are cryptic and don't make any sense most of the time.

Most error messages from almost every program don't make sense. that's because their programmer controlled communications indented to make sense to other programmers who hopefully have read, understand and then went on to master your code before even reading the error message in the first place.

Or to put it another way, error messages only make sense to the original author.

There is a difference between 'public error: you not allowed to do that' and 'programmers error: the byte 3 of 4 failed to decode with input 2.'

Most of the time I try to at least put my errors through the translator so others could read them. although weather 'Ignoring iee1394 bus; HAL buggy' makes sense in any language is debatable.