PDA

View Full Version : Pure comic genius

TravisNewman
June 8th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I don't know how many of you are familiar with SomethingAwful.com-- they have some pretty sick stuff, but some pretty funny stuff as well.

This week's comedy goldmine is incredible. This guy decided to dress all in black, go to an Apple store, and reinact an iPod commercial. You know, the ones with the black silhouettes on the colored backgrounds? It's hilarious. The funniest thing is the other customers-- they aren't freakin' reacting to this guy!

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2949

skoal
June 8th, 2005, 03:03 AM
hahah...

the best part is when he turns to look at someone off screen, points to 'em (as if acknowledging a request), and then proceeds to rip off a few chords on air guitar.

priceless...

\\//_

WildTangent
June 8th, 2005, 03:23 AM
hes a really bad dancer and he dropped the iPod...but it was hilarious! \\:D/

-Wild

bored2k
June 8th, 2005, 04:43 AM
HILARIOUS. The iPOD droppings kills me!

TravisNewman
June 8th, 2005, 04:44 AM
I know

It would have been hilarious had he just left it there, shrugged, and kept dancing like a maniac; or picked it up and smashed it-- but that would be an expensive gag.

gil-galad
June 8th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Lol

tread
June 8th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Did I hear a "Did he pay" as he was leaving? Also, I think someone asked him to stop at one point cos he was __ (i think freaking) out the customers!

bored2k
June 8th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Did I hear a "Did he pay" as he was leaving? Also, I think someone asked him to stop at one point cos he was __ (i think freaking) out the customers!
Yes I was wondering the same thing.. he just left with the iPOD O_o. Maybe the charged it at the guy with the camera ?

tread
June 8th, 2005, 05:31 AM
prolly :) darned funny anyway!

Brunellus
June 8th, 2005, 05:31 AM
I know

It would have been hilarious had he just left it there, shrugged, and kept dancing like a maniac; or picked it up and smashed it-- but that would be an expensive gag.
had he shattered the ipod, it would have been elevated from merely parody to an excellent protest at Apple's vendor-lock-in strategy for digital music. an opportunity has been lost.

somuchfortheafter
June 8th, 2005, 03:57 PM
yet again another poor victim of poddancing,, ive seen this happen way to many times... ehh video is pretty funny lol

jro
June 8th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Good stuff, thanks for the link panickedthumb. I agree, a shattered iPod would have really made this funny.