PDA

View Full Version : Lubex Uses Ubuntu

Luggy
April 4th, 2007, 05:27 PM
So I went and gave my car an oil change today at the Lubex around the block and I noticed that all the little terminals for entering in what type of oil change and what got checked, as well as the computer in the office were running Ubuntu.

I even noticed the name of the software they were running on the terminals, it was called LubeSoft. I did a quick search and found that the company that makes this software ( ISI (http://www.ints.com/index.htm) ) has lots of car related linux solutions. Apparently they setup the whole system which is just a linux machine running their software.

Either way I thought that this was really neat to see Ubuntu in regular buisnesses.

mips
April 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I would have never seen that if I lived in your neck of the woods as i service my own car.

IYY
April 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Awesome!

H.E. Pennypacker
April 4th, 2007, 09:39 PM
From their screenshots, it looks like LubeSoft is still using Breezy. Check them out:

http://www.ints.com/products/graph_svc_review.htm

mattydee
September 23rd, 2008, 01:32 AM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I was in Mr. Lube today to get an oil change and noticed they're using Ubuntu. :)

mihai.ile
September 23rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
It's just me or the ISI software is made in Java using eclipse SWT?

littletinman
September 23rd, 2008, 01:05 PM
Awesome. That is uber groovy. I think it will be in many small business's interests to use linux based OS's. Small business's need to not have to worry about computer upgrade expenses and virus software. For a business class, i'm writing a business plan for a imaginary business that services, upgrades, advises, and supports linux in the small business enviroment.

mattydee
September 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
For a business class, i'm writing a business plan for a imaginary business that services, upgrades, advises, and supports linux in the small business enviroment.

That's great! Let us know how it turns out.