PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!!!!!!!11 Feisty has the best printer support ever

slimdog360
April 4th, 2007, 07:41 AM
MY CANON PRINTER IS NOW WORKING FLAWLESSLY. Ive got a canon ip3000 and it has never worked properly before, not under breezy, dapper or edgy. It now works completely, the auto duplexing!!!11, the page sizes, the print speed.
The Ubuntu devs seem to have added their own touches to CUPS, even the test page has an Ubuntu logo on it now.

This is the best day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

edit: OMG!!!!!!111 again, Ive just tried my camera which has never worked with any linux before, IT NOW WORKS!!!!!!!!11111. The hardware support must have just massively increased under feisty. So get out there, download feisty and try all your old gadgets which never worked before.

use a name
April 4th, 2007, 08:10 AM
I rebought an usb-wlan device, which I had returned before because I could not get it to work under Edgy. Feisty: plug and play. :) It's an E-tech WGUS02, btw. ;)

PartisanEntity
April 4th, 2007, 09:05 AM
hmm, sounds good, when is feisty coming out officially? :)

FoolsGold
April 4th, 2007, 09:07 AM
hmm, sounds good, when is feisty coming out officially? :)

April 19th.

xdarkxanarchyx
April 4th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I can't wait. I've already upgraded from 6.10 but I think I'm going to do a fresh install. For some reason it doesn't recognize my camera and stuff. Maybe that's because it's 64 bit. We'll see.:guitar:

FoolsGold
April 4th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Oh, and with regards to supported hardware, my webcam (Logitech Quickcam Zoom) finally works in Linux with Feisty!

Funny thing though, 6.06 supported my webcam just fine, 6.10 detected it but garbled the display and anything that tried to use it froze. Nothing I tried helped to make it work anymore.

In 7.04 it works again. What are the odds it will fail again in Feisty + 1? :)

karellen
April 4th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I have a feeling that feisty is going to be a huge improvement in the linux desktops world. can't wait to see :)

FoolsGold
April 4th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I have a feeling that feisty is going to be a huge improvement in the linux desktops world. can't wait to see :)

Nah, the Amiga will soon rise from the ashes and destroy all the competition, you'll see, YOU'LL SEE!!!

:guitar:

karellen
April 4th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Nah, the Amiga will soon rise from the ashes and destroy all the competition, you'll see, YOU'LL SEE!!!

:guitar:

:lolflag: indeed....I'm biting my nails already ;)

Aetherius
April 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Amiga Lives, it need not prove itself to you mere mortals.

FoolsGold
April 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Amiga Lives, it need not prove itself to you mere mortals.

Behold the mighty power of this incredibly stable and superior operating sys... GOD DAMN IT!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/Guru_meditation.gif

mips
April 4th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Where can I pre-order my new Amiga ? ;)

Btw. The above error means "Illegal Instruction" at address 000aac0