PDA

View Full Version : Just Saying Hi!

hellraiser_rob
June 7th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Hi Guys/ Girls,

Just thought i'd make my first post with a Hi to everyone in the Ubuntu community:

I've had a stop start relationship with linux for a number of years, untill this little beauty came along, hopefully it will remain on my system for many years to come.

I use Ubuntu for for gaming (ET - or will when i get it to work), DTP, Web design, Coding, Graphics and general Browsing and messaging.

I'm sure i'm going to break stuff pretty soon, and when i do i'll come and ask the Ubuntu guru's,

tread
June 7th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Welcome aboard rob!

lurah
June 7th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Hi Guys/ Girls,

Just thought i'd make my first post with a Hi to everyone in the Ubuntu community:

I've had a stop start relationship with linux for a number of years, untill this little beauty came along, hopefully it will remain on my system for many years to come.

I use Ubuntu for for gaming (ET - or will when i get it to work), DTP, Web design, Coding, Graphics and general Browsing and messaging.

I'm sure i'm going to break stuff pretty soon, and when i do i'll come and ask the Ubuntu guru's,
Well, good topic here to say hi you all. I installed ubuntu like a 24 hours ago and its practically my first linux. I had mandrake like a few days but i didnt like it so here i am.

Installing was easy, alltough my es1869 soundcard messed a bit but its fine now.

I wanted to move on linux after hard times with "another" os =)

mike998
June 7th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Welcome!
Hope you have fun... you may get a few problems, but it's worth persevering with!

KiwiNZ
June 7th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Welcome aboard , enjoy your stay and may it be a long one

pdk001
June 7th, 2005, 11:58 PM
welcome to ubuntu world

skoal
June 8th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Howdy! Welcome to the wonderful world of earth tone color themes.

\\//_

somuchfortheafter
June 8th, 2005, 01:32 AM
welcome, also am I the only one using clearlooks and industrial combined lol

defkewl
June 8th, 2005, 02:36 AM
Welcome abroad Rob, hopefully you'll have a great time with Ubuntu.