PDA

View Full Version : GPGPU Programming on the Nvidia 8800 series

cprofitt
April 2nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Has anyone tried GPGPU programming on the Nvidia 8800GTX. I saw an article on Firingsquad.com which made me interested in the topic.

NVIDIA 8800GTX Exposed and Exploited (http://www.firingsquad.com/matrix/blog.asp/12941/409/NVIDIA_8800GTX_EXPOSED_AND_EXPLOITED)

cprofitt
April 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
Has anyone tried GPGPU programming on the Nvidia 8800GTX. I saw an article on Firingsquad.com which made me interested in the topic.

NVIDIA 8800GTX Exposed and Exploited (http://www.firingsquad.com/matrix/blog.asp/12941/409/NVIDIA_8800GTX_EXPOSED_AND_EXPLOITED)

bapoumba
April 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Hello, PrivateVoid, I merged your duplicate thread in this one.

ZylGadis
April 2nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I don't see anything interesting in that article. GPGPU has been a very hot topic for quite some time, but this article does not add anything new - it is simply a relatively poor and quite ignorant presentation of the potential capabilities of GPGPU.
If you were fascinated by GPGPU, and not by the article, that is a different story. Read www.gpgpu.org for further information.

cprofitt
April 2nd, 2007, 07:02 PM
ZylGadis:

I have been reading some of the stuff at GPGPU.org which the author of the original article I posted about has cited.

I am curious what you found to be "simply poor and quite ignorant" about the article at Firingsqaud.com though... I notice that it is certainly simple, but for a gaming site I would not have expected a discussion delving into the depths of Sh or CUDA.

I ask because even after reading briefly at GPGPU.org I do not find the article poor or ignorant and wonder if I am missing something about the topic. I have not read about this before but may want to try my hand at it after I spend much more time researching it. On that level the article was enough to get me interested in the topic.

cprofitt
April 2nd, 2007, 07:03 PM
Hello, PrivateVoid, I merged your duplicate thread in this one.

Thanks... I saw this area after posting the other and did not know if it was proper to delete a thread on these forums.