PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Ubuntu.

SunnyRabbiera
June 7th, 2005, 10:29 AM
for achieving the number 26 spot on PC worlds best products list lookie (http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,120763,pg,12,00.asp)

on the behalf of Mepislovers.org I like to shake the hands of you Ubuntu users in the name of goodwill, long live opensource and power to linux!!

sapo
June 7th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Ubuntu rlz :D

Btw is ubUntu, not ubantu :roll:

SunnyRabbiera
June 7th, 2005, 12:13 PM
aye... my bad... :ops: ](*,)

still congrats eh?

Adrenal
June 7th, 2005, 12:16 PM
aye... my bad... :oops: ](*,)

still congrats eh?
yeh, ubUntu rocks.

Sionide
June 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM
We still have to beat Mac OS X! (num3)

SunnyRabbiera
June 7th, 2005, 12:36 PM
hehe, but then again I heard Tiger is pretty cool so I knew it would be a good contender for the top spot...

of course I saw firefox's nomination a mile away, and to have it beat out Opera and the other commercial items on there is a good sign for opensource.

Rickie
June 7th, 2005, 12:57 PM
We still have to beat Mac OS X! (num3)

I doubt we'll ever beat that, but we can always hope :)

Ubuntu deserved this, it's a brilliant OS, i can't wait to start using it fully :D

DJ_Max
June 7th, 2005, 01:09 PM
hehe, but then again I heard Tiger is pretty cool so I knew it would be a good contender for the top spot...

I have yet to try it. :-| Mind mailing me a copy? ;-)

minimidgy
June 7th, 2005, 10:05 PM
wow, I don't agree with a lot of those choices.

How did the PSP beat Ubuntu? Ubuntu is much better.

Personally, I think anything as good as Ubuntu that is FREE, should definately beat out everything that costs money.

And how did gmail get number 2? I used that for awhile, and I did not like it at all. If I recall, I couldn't set up gmail with thunderbird, there were lots of advertisements, the design wasn't slick, and I got so much spam even when I never gave out my e-mail address. There was something else that I really disliked about it, but I can't remember.

skoal
June 7th, 2005, 10:09 PM
And how did gmail get number 2? I used that for awhile, and I did not like it at all. If I recall, I couldn't set up gmail with thunderbird[...]

something must have changed recently then. I recently set up their free POP3/SMTP service under t-bird with no problems - no advertisements - and NO spam.

it's gmailerrific!!

\\//_

pdk001
June 7th, 2005, 10:37 PM
configulations anyways

DJ_Max
June 7th, 2005, 10:46 PM
wow, I don't agree with a lot of those choices.

How did the PSP beat Ubuntu? Ubuntu is much better.
lol, you can't really compare a handheld multimedia/gaming device to an operating system, so I'm not surprised PSP was ahead of Ubuntu.

And how did gmail get number 2? I used that for awhile, and I did not like it at all. If I recall, I couldn't set up gmail with thunderbird, there were lots of advertisements, the design wasn't slick, and I got so much spam even when I never gave out my e-mail address. There was something else that I really disliked about it, but I can't remember.
And I actually got the opposite in my experiance with gmail.

Personally, I think anything as good as Ubuntu that is FREE, should definately beat out everything that costs money.
Thats a biased opinion, and choices wasn't categorized by cost.

skoal
June 7th, 2005, 11:30 PM
configulations anyways

haha...

Configulations? I like it! Kinda catchy too. I don't know if that was intentional by you or not but I think you just discovered a new English word:

Configulations - n. A celebratory expression given to a Linux user who succesfully configures an application by editing a text file in the /etc directory.

\\//_

defkewl
June 8th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Thank you mepislovers. We're so grateful

benplaut
June 8th, 2005, 08:34 PM
a few days late ;-)

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=39804&page=1&pp=10

compmodder26
June 8th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Thank you mepislovers. We're so grateful

Finally, we have somebody actually give thanks for the compliment. I second the thanks on the compliment.

poofyhairguy
June 8th, 2005, 09:46 PM
on the behalf of Mepislovers.org I like to shake the hands of you Ubuntu users in the name of goodwill, long live opensource and power to linux!!

As a mod of this forum I say

"Excellent!"

http://www.billandted.org/

I hope Mepis gets some needed attention soon. Long live the children of Debian!