PDA

View Full Version : This is what I think I am doing tommorrow..

billdotson
April 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
Well I have been backing up my save games and my Firefox and Thunderbird profile folders and I think I am going to format my internal drive, create a 160-175GB NTFS partition on it for Windows and programs and a 55-70GB partition for files, videos, music, etc.
I am going to install Firefox, Opera, Thunderbird, my games, Office 2003, Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 and I don't know what I want to do for a music player to stream videos from like gamespot.com or gametrailers.com.. as the options are quicktime or Window's Media Player. My current install has a bunch of crap installed on it like WGA (!!!) Windows Media Player 11, a bunch of left over crap from programs I have uninstalled and some other stuff.

I am just going to install the bare minimum Windows and Apple-related stuff I can so I can stay clean of their "phone-home" crap. Then I am gonig to PartImage the install when it is clean and as much FOSS software and games as possible, and then later I can install and try anything I want to.. because then I can just restore my install in like 15 min. if anything screws it up.

I use Linux primarily, unless I know I am probably going to be playing a game soon.

tbroderick
April 1st, 2007, 10:25 PM
good for you.