PDA

View Full Version : do you exercise?

billdotson
April 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM
do you exercise? How often if you do?

JLB
April 1st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Yep! 16 oz curls are my favorite. Sometimes an occasional 40 oz if I am going for "burn".

Griff
April 1st, 2007, 08:35 PM
I run 3-4 miles a day, 5 days a week. Leaves me feeling really good.

Griff

IYY
April 1st, 2007, 08:38 PM
I don't. :(

I used to do at least 60 push-ups a day, but now I'm too busy/lazy.

daniel of sarnia
April 1st, 2007, 08:53 PM
I used to do tae kwon do, box, lift weights and run, but now I have way to much work, so I just run everyday. Soccer is fun too when I have the time and a bunch of friends around.

plb
April 1st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Run a couple a miles a day usually.

ajeffreys
April 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM
30 press ups and 30 sit ups per day.

johnc4510
April 1st, 2007, 09:21 PM
Only my fingers and mouth and brain.

And usually only one at a time to avoid being overtaxed.

ynnhoj
April 1st, 2007, 09:29 PM
i pretty well go into hibernation during the winter, but from april to december i ride my bicycle everywhere i go around town (to and from work everyday, my band's rehearsal space, friend's houses, etc.). i used to run/jog--~4km a few days every week--but i just can't get into it as much anymore. i don't really want to go for a run before i ride my bike to work in the morning, and when i get home in the evening i'm far too lazy. i'm a bad runner.. even just a few km takes alot out of me :o

Spr0k3t
April 1st, 2007, 10:00 PM
The work I do requires physical work to be done almost daily. If it's not moving monitors, pcs, racks, phones, hard drives or whatnot, I'm doing some sort of work at home doing construction/home repair of some sort.

Rutabega
April 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM
I hardly exercise at all, although I do Aikido warm up exercises, push ups,sit ups but not as routinely as I should.

mand0
April 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I exercise about 3-4 times a week. I run a mile and lift weights until I can't anymore.

fuscia
April 1st, 2007, 10:18 PM
i lift weights everyday (olympic lifts, deadlifts, etc.). when my sprained knee recovers and now that the weather is getting nice, i'll throw in some sprint sessions as well.

raldz
April 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
I use to be a power lifter in my early 20s.. then a back injury later, I'm know just an ordinary Joe everyday in the Gym... and I do a 3 to 4 mile jog every morning, too.

Jellicletrb
April 2nd, 2007, 07:07 PM
Exercise is a dirty word...every time I hear myself say it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate. :rolleyes:

karellen
April 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
not very often

qamelian
April 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Yep! 16 oz curls are my favorite. Sometimes an occasional 40 oz if I am going for "burn".

Yep, nothing I like better than hoisting a 16 oz bag of Cheez Curls and washing 'em down with a 40 oz bottle of ... ah, my mistake.:)

SNewell
April 2nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
Skateboard when it's not friggin raining here in NYC :(

Wight_Rhino
April 2nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Since January I've been riding a stationary bike 10 miles a day, interspersed with occasional strength training (25 lb dumbells). My Doctor basically gave me some pretty grim alternatives.

That happens when you get older.:(

bailout
April 2nd, 2007, 10:44 PM
I started with British Military Fitness just before Christmas. Unfortunately because of a knee injury and then pain in my wrist that I broke a couple of years ago I have missed quite a few weeks.

After no really intensive exercise and smoking for years I am finding the bmf classes quite tough :D

http://www.britmilfit.com/

spinflick
April 3rd, 2007, 12:15 AM
I type dont I, what more do you want? :lolflag:

ComplexNumber
April 3rd, 2007, 12:25 AM
no, but i intend to start doing some regular exercise soon. for the last 10 years or so, i've considered doing a martial art such as aikido...but sadly, never got around to it.

jpkotta
April 3rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Not really, but I ride my bike a lot. I ride to school the vast majority of days, even in the winter.

fdrake
April 3rd, 2007, 12:43 AM
i used to run for 1h non stop everyday and play soccer when i was in middle and high school, but i stopped when i started working(no time and energy). it doesn't feel great : ( . i feel weaker and weaker. i plan to get back to my exercises as soon i get some things done.

maxamillion
April 3rd, 2007, 12:55 AM
I lift weights for 2 hours, 3 days a week.

ppatalano
April 3rd, 2007, 12:58 AM
I lift 3 days a week and light cardio 2 days a week.

jkeyes0
April 3rd, 2007, 01:35 AM
I used to get my exercise playing WoW (left click, right click, WASD, drink caffeine, burp, etc.) but lately I've started running on the treadmill and lifting weights at home, and the parents sent me home with an AbLounge a few weeks ago.

As far as the running is concerned, I'm following the plan on this site:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
It's supposed to take you from the couch to running a 5k within 9 weeks. I've had to repeat two of the weeks already (personal preference, because I'm still fat) but between that and a slight change of diet, I've lost about 15lbs.

illu45
April 3rd, 2007, 01:38 AM
Yep, I do weightlifting about 3 times per week. I used to to more cardio stuff during the summer (soccer and tennis and the like), but stopped when winter came along, and am regretting it now.

%hMa@?b<C
April 3rd, 2007, 01:51 AM
I run, play 2 school sports (soccer, baseball)

jan quark
December 27th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Doing Aikido three times a week, sometimes four times when I am not completly beaten up:)

Arwen
December 27th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I run for 2 hours 3 times a week,avoid the elevator and my car..I also play ping pong and dance till I faint (:mrgreen:) every saturday.I'm too lazy to go to the gym and when it's too cold there's no way I go out and play volleyball that I like..During summer I can do that and swim a lot too.I wish I had more free time to join a dance or a volleyball team as the gym is far too boring for me. Besides gyms are usually full of barbie girls trying to lose weight and then eat their stomach out in MCDonalds'
soon after :-\"

vishzilla
December 27th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I run for 4-5 kms, do some push-ups 4-5 days a week

fuscia
December 27th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yep, I do weightlifting about 3 times per week. I used to to more cardio stuff during the summer (soccer and tennis and the like), but stopped when winter came along, and am regretting it now.

get a 20lb dumbell and try tabata weight swings. only takes four minutes. tabata (http://www.strength-training-woman.com/tabata-protocol-for-strength-training.html)

SomeGuyDude
December 27th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Powerlifter here. Not a fantastic one, but a powerlifter regardless. 365 bench by Easter. Can I do it? I hope so.

insane_alien
December 27th, 2007, 06:46 PM
i cycle quite a bit. usually i just do an easy 10 mile loop(once a day) which has some good scenery, takes 45 minutes if i'm going easy but i can do it in 18 if i really go for it.

alternatively i use a 40 mile loop the time it takes me to do that varies with traffic more than anything else.

being a geek, i also have an old bike hooked up to generate power as well. i can run a TV and DVD player off it or my laptop. main PC chews up too much power at times so i don't want to risk it.

dimbulb1024
December 27th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Being in Denver, I've been shoveling a fair amount of snow recently. :)

I also ride a fair amount and do a few push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups at the local park.

hockey97
December 27th, 2007, 07:55 PM
yes I exercise, I shovel in the winter. I also every night before going to bed I do 30 push up's and 30 situps then I take a shower and go to bed. The best way I think of exercise becuse it's the end of the day and like me if I have alot of energy before going to be I usally can't sleep or have a hard time sleeping.
So I basicly drain myself before going to bed.

that's all I do. I used to play Ice hockey until my big hit. some kid from new york I was in a national tournament and this team had the fatest people. I looked at the roster and everyone on that team were 300lb or more. what happen was the puck was in the air I was looking at it, and this huge guy kept skating towards me and he didn't stop and still the puck was in the air , he then cross-checked me right on my throat I done one flip in the air and landed on my neck very close of dieing my neck is now straight and is pinching blood vessels to my brain.
the kid got a penalty and I was in the bench my coach didn't want me to play and wanted me to go to the hospital becuse my neck was black and blue, But I refused. I still got to play and got into a fist fight with that kid, on the ice lol.

but that was my last year of ice hockey. after my hockey season I got an x-ray of my neck and the doctor told me about that my neck bone is straight and if I would of got hit again at that same spot the bone would of cut the blood supply to my brain and I would die.

that's all I done that I exercise

KegHead
July 24th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Yup,

30-60 minutes a day on a life cycle.

Every other day on nautilis.

KegHead

khelben1979
July 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Yes. Usually 3-4 times a week unless I feel sick or unmotivated to do so.

Antman
July 24th, 2009, 06:46 PM

I do a daily 90 minute Ashtanga Yoga routine before bed time.
http://www.samadhi.ie/img/chakorasana_cropped.jpg

heroidi
July 24th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Every night i do push-ups after work and when i have time go running love running.
and upstairs at my house i kick a peace of wood punch and kick when i have time when not working.

HappinessNow
July 24th, 2009, 10:34 PM
bike 20-30 miles per day

running_rabbit07
July 24th, 2009, 10:50 PM
bike 20-30 miles per day

I am jealous. My Diamondback doesn't fit in me hatchback V-Dub and the last time I took it for a spin around the neighborhood a few teens started that whole, "it must be nice to ride a DiamondBack" routine.

I don't know if you've ever been to vegas but we have lots of 6 foot wide bike lanes, they are really nice when the not so nice Mercedes driving snobs around here aren't using them as their specialty car lane. I have had to put my footprint in a car once and it wasn't fun. To say the least I gave up on riding in town. I used to ride 15 miles each way in to work. The boss took it as he wasn't working me hard enough. He just didn't understand why he weighed about 280 and is diabetic. There are some really nice scenic routes around here though that make me want a bike rack.

I do swim laps every day though. Trying to reverse 17 years of being a smoker.

running_rabbit07
July 24th, 2009, 10:52 PM
yes I exercise, I shovel in the winter. I also every night before going to bed I do 30 push up's and 30 situps then I take a shower and go to bed. The best way I think of exercise becuse it's the end of the day and like me if I have alot of energy before going to be I usally can't sleep or have a hard time sleeping.
So I basicly drain myself before going to bed.

When I was in the Army if I wasn't tired, I would go out and run about 4 or 5 miles.

HappyFeet
July 24th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I do 12 ounce curls all the time. 8-)

running_rabbit07
July 24th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Avoid Alcohol – Drinking alcohol is hard to forego, especially if an individual is already quite hooked to it, but the decision to quit drinking should be made early so as to avoid further complications.

I have to call BS. My doctor even recommends a drink of hard liquor a day if you can't get to wine or beer. The small portion of alcohol helps the body flush oxidants out of the kidneys and liver. Getting drunk is very much mot recommended.

BTW, I think the only reason she posted was to spam the forum.

overdrank
July 24th, 2009, 11:07 PM
This thread was brought to life by spam
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5451/necromancing.jpg